Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joke Man of the Match

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Vokes was the only player who put in any real graft, the rest were just crap. Couldn't string 3 passes together. If we play like that on Sunday it will be double figures. Just crap. On a different note can we please sign Trotter. That boy can play

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Mattock looked really classy in the first half but overall I'd give MOM to Vokes.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
The guys played out of his skin over the last couple of years, remember how he was written off at the start? As far as I know this was his first mom as was fully deserved based on the performances since he's been at the club. How many moms has CMS got for running around a lot?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Mattock looked really classy in the first half but overall I'd give MOM to Vokes.

Ha, talk about a game of opinions! I thought Mattock looked exposed in the first half but recovered in the second half.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Hardly surprising given that it was his mum and dad sponsoring the game....

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Navarro was very poor tonight, Mattock certainly did not impress as previously, Barnes worked fairly hard but, although he is not currently playing a striker's role, he is a striker and I wish he could actually direct one or two shots on goal. Certainly not MOM.

Vokes was was far and away the best Albion player this evening.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Vokes or Mattock for me also - best out of a below par team performance.

Oh and why wasn't KLL brought on straight after Millwall scored their second goal?!?! Thought Gus was poor tactically tonight - didn't react quickly enough.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I sometimes wonder if they have a hat from which to pull out a random player's number.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
There was one classic moment in the match for me.

Navarro finds himself free on the left wing and gets played a cracking ball which he runs onto. He cuts inside his marker, plenty of options inside, very promising attack.

So he passes the ball back to Greer deep in his own half.

I'm all for keeping possession but come on!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Nav was only in the team today coz of his goal against leeds tbh he wasnt very good there nor today. How he got motm no idea at all.

Strange that, seeing as Gus (who obviously has no idea) claimed he was the best midfielder for us against Leeds. What does he know... :shrug:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The guys played out of his skin over the last couple of years, remember how he was written off at the start? As far as I know this was his first mom as was fully deserved based on the performances since he's been at the club. How many moms has CMS got for running around a lot?

It is Man of The Match-the clue is in the award's name and last night he was most definitely NOT MOM.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Football is a game of o[pinions and this demonstrated by the fact that some say Calderon as possible MOM and I thought he should have been substituted instead of Reyes because they attacked him every time and he was beaten on most occasions. I would have put Reyes back at right back for the 2nd half. Calderon is ok going forward but defensively he is not good enough in this division.

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
Vokes was MOM easily. Navarro is not good enough for this
level of football, I expect him to be released in the summer
and the sooner Dicker returns the better as ehe'll be out the side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here