Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Joke du Jour

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006

Three nuns die and go to heaven, but all must answer one question to get in.​

The first nun is asked, "Who was the first man on Earth?" She says, "Adam." Lights flash and the pearly gates open.
The second nun is asked, "Who was the first woman on Earth?" She says, "Eve." Lights flash and the gates open.
The third nun is asked, "What was the first thing Eve said to Adam?" Puzzled, the nun says, "Oh my, that's a hard one." Lights flash and the pearly gates open.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
So the third nun, despite not answering correctly but pondering the question, was allowed in.

So, from this it would appear that the questions did not have to be answered correctly. It may also be that Adam wasn't the first man on earth. We are no wiser.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I find this highly unlikely. How.come the first two nuns got piss easy questions and yet the third one was so difficult that the answer was basically pot luck? I mean what Eve first said to Adam is hardly common knowledge is it?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I find this highly unlikely. How.come the first two nuns got piss easy questions and yet the third one was so difficult that the answer was basically pot luck? I mean what Eve first said to Adam is hardly common knowledge is it?
Agreed. And it is not recorded in the best selling book in history, unlike the first two questions.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Sorry I omitted to mention that the third nun was the Mother Superior hence the more difficult question :smile:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Agreed. And it is not recorded in the best selling book in history, unlike the first two questions.
Plus of course it's implied that we're asked to believe that Adam had a stiffy at the point at which he met Eve, as well as the pair of them having a working knowledge of the same language.

No it's got to be absolute bollocks. I just don't believe it.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Plus of course it's implied that we're asked to believe that Adam had a stiffy at the point at which he met Eve, as well as the pair of them having a working knowledge of the same language.

No it's got to be absolute bollocks. I just don't believe it.
I think that was the original emphasis.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012

Three nuns die and go to heaven, but all must answer one question to get in.​

The first nun is asked, "Who was the first man on Earth?" She says, "Adam." Lights flash and the pearly gates open.
The second nun is asked, "Who was the first woman on Earth?" She says, "Eve." Lights flash and the gates open.
The third nun is asked, "What was the first thing Eve said to Adam?" Puzzled, the nun says, "Oh my, that's a hard one." Lights flash and the pearly gates open.
This joke was told in the Vicar of Dibley 30 years ago

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
I question how the OP can possibly know what questions were asked, if indeed questions are asked. If indeed there is a heaven.

Also, what is with the flashing lights over the pearly gates? Sounds a bit chavy to me.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
I would have thought the first thing Eve said was : "Hello, who are you?" Not just launch into a comment about his erect appendage.
Oh, I thought she was referring to an apple she had just picked.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It was common knowledge in 1975

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
It was reported that a young man exposed himself to two nuns in a Brighton park yesterday. One of the nuns had a stroke but the other couldn't reach!

The same two nuns shared a bath today and one of them observed " Where's the soap". The other replied " Yes doesn't it ' :)

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Two nuns on a motoring holiday in Transylvania. They got lost and found themselves on a remote mountain road in the middle of the night. To make matters worse the car broke down. They got out to have a look, and suddenly Dracula appeared before them. He walked towards them, fangs bared.
"Quick!" said the first nun, "Show him your cross!" So the second nun shouts out "f*** off and leave us alone you snaggle-toothed ****!"

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I feel a better punchline should be "Jesus, that's a hard one", or maybe even "God, that's a hard one"; but that opens up a whole Pandora's box of theological questions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here