Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Joke du jour

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
As a nice gesture for the wife this year I put up a dartboard in the kitchen with various holiday destinations on post-it-notes on the board.

I said you throw a dart and wherever it hits, that’s where we’ll go.

Turns out we’re spending two weeks behind the fridge.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
As a nice gesture for the wife this year I put up a dartboard in the kitchen with various holiday destinations on post-it-notes on the board.

Really? How does a dart hit behind the fridge?

The wall or the floor behind the fridge are plausible, but this? You have just made this up to try and get a laugh haven't you?
What is it that makes you want to crave attention?

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011

The first problem I have with this is that a kitchen is a most inappropriate location for a dartboard. Putting aside the health and safety aspects, surely it must impede access to some cupboards and appliances?

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill

Could have been worse. You could have had 2 weeks at Loggerheads!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

A famous nightclub, although not sure I would like two weeks in Brixton, however the Fridge has been closed since 2010.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
Another example of the "Luke Littler Effect" This young man has brought darts to the masses and I for one am for it.

On the matter in hand, I would expect if I offered the kitchen as a holiday destination to my spouse she would reject it in a very disparaging way and call me silly.

dippy2449

May 24, 2004
Norfolk

Definitely a chilling thought

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Which number was that? Seems a poor choice of destination to include when there are so many other possibilities.

Still, it's your holiday :shrug:
Yes, I'm intrigued by this as well. I think we need to be fully informed of what similarly bizarre destinations were written on the other post-it notes. Garden shed? Spare room? Washing Machine?

Not sure where @The Clamp usually spends his vacations?

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton
Yes, I'm intrigued by this as well. I think we need to be fully informed of what similarly bizarre destinations were written on the other post-it notes. Garden shed? Spare room? Washing Machine?

Not sure where @The Clamp usually spends his vacations?
Also, why the need for a spacial juxtaposition - behind the shed? Next to it? Underneath the washing machine? This is madness. I'm afraid none of these options appear truly viable, and I am reluctantly beginning to wonder if this isn't in some way not 100% factually accurate. I know, it seems unthinkable, but... The awkward question needs to be asked: is The Clamp being strictly honest?

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I just don’t see how a fully grown adult couple will be able to fit behind a standard domestic icebox. The refrigerator will need to be pulled out quite some distance to accommodate two human adult bodies merely to sleep. Something seems off about this.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
Depending on the size and weight of the fridge, you could always take it with you. You could use it instead of suitcases, it would also be useful in a hot destination but be sure to take an adaptor with you. I doubt it would be classed as hand luggage on a plane though, you may have to take the bread bin for that.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I think you're very brave.

Knowing my wife she would have thrown the dart at something from Ikea, she's always trying to get me to go with her. Two weeks there would have been torture.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Depending on the size and weight of the fridge, you could always take it with you. You could use it instead of suitcases, it would also be useful in a hot destination but be sure to take an adaptor with you. I doubt it would be classed as hand luggage on a plane though, you may have to take the bread bin for that.
I don’t think this is realistic.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
This all seems perfectly legitimate, though I would like a little clarification please.

Will the holiday be behind his house, or will you just follow him around for two weeks?

You may wish to be careful if the latter, as you may fall foul of stalking laws. I am not completely clued up on US law in this area though, so I may be worrying about nothing.

1718800254157.png

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004

Smegness?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
In terms of being holed up somewhere for 2 weeks it's lucky for your wife the dart didn't land in the outer ring.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here