Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Joke Du Jour

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Bono, while playing a U2 gig in Glasgow, got the whole crowd to be silent and then began slowly clapping his hands.

After a short period Bono spoke, saying that every time he clapped his hands a child in Africa died.

Suddenly, a voice broke out in thick Scottish brogue, ending the silence as it echoed across the crowd "Well stop f*cking doing it then!!"

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Bono, while playing a U2 gig in Glasgow, got the whole crowd to be silent and then began slowly clapping his hands.

After a short period Bono spoke, saying that every time he clapped his hands a child in Africa died.

Suddenly, a voice broke out in thick Scottish brogue, ending the silence as it echoed across the crowd "Well stop f*cking doing it then!!"

I find it difficult to believe that anyone born outside of Glasgow could understand a thick Scottish brogue, so for that reason, I’m out.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I know U2 sold their souls to the devil for success (nothing else can explain it, especially their longevity), but I doubt Satan included the ability to kill children by clapping as part of the deal.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

So if he clapped his hands say every two seconds - he would be indicating that 30 African kids would die every minute- that’s some claim - I would want to see some evidence of this before I can take this joke seriously

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I find it difficult to believe that anyone born outside of Glasgow could understand a thick Scottish brogue, so for that reason, I’m out.
I honestly find it difficult to believe that some people really can't understand regional accents outside their own area. Anyway, good for the Glasgow bloke pricking the sanctimonious gits bubble!

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
It was clicking fingers in the version I heard. Just as well, because if it's clapping that causes it, then a thunderous round of applause could decimate the continent.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The audience member has a point. Has this been investigated ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Great joke……… in its day.

Ken Livingstone Seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Maui, Hawaii

So what you're REALLY suggesting is they are dying from the Clap? I say "Dubious".

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I remember that gig.

Bono actually fell of the stage.

How did that happen you ask? Well, he got too close to The Edge.
Oh really? I didn’t hear about this, I hope he wasn’t hurt. Was The Edge also close to the front of the stage? It sounds like quite a dangerous staging set up which hadn’t been appropriately risk assessed.

Also @ManOfSussex de Edge is foine.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
So what you're REALLY suggesting is they are dying from the Clap? I say "Dubious".
I think that was Eric Clapton.

He had a case of Slowhand Clap.

P.S. Ken, I'm sorry that I missed you reaching the 500 post milestone on NSC after a mere 20 years.
Please be assured that I've already put your 1,000 NSC post celebrations in my 2044 diary.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
The joke about U2 is literally the first post on this thread! Blimey, some people. :)

Don’t be a LEMON - I have no DESIRE to listen to your MYSTERIOUS WAYS - I don’t believe you for ONE minute - WITH OR WITHOUT YOU this thread will continue to HOLD ME & THRILL ME - Have a BEAUTIFUL DAY 🤣

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I honestly find it difficult to believe that some people really can't understand regional accents outside their own area. Anyway, good for the Glasgow bloke pricking the sanctimonious gits bubble!
True story. A girl I know, she will be 50 now but was young at the time, met an Irish bloke at a party and asked his name, he said "The Edge", she said "Sorry, I didn't get that" he said " The Edge", she said "Dowage?", he said " No, The Edge!" she said, "Deege?" He said, "you can call me David."
She was a ditzy girl, and he was indeed The Edge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here