Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Joke du jour

Midget

Amexgemeinschaftsstadionhallebierschluckerinchen
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Technically cologne is more a perfume than an aftershave, having around 7% aromatic compounds. I can see how it would be a bit overpowering to use all over your head - but then I can't imagine he never used any sort of aftershave product, being a movie star and all.

The Liverpool aspect is possible though, I vaguely recall something about him calling their number 7, who I think would have been Ian Callaghan at the time, "magnificent".

And I believe he was known to hang around with Kenny Dalgleish, often mentioning his association with "the King".

I may have misremembered that.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
One for the oldies...

Teddy Boy goes into the local barbers and asks for a Tony Curtis. Barber procedes to shave him completely bald. Teddy Boy goes completely apeshit. 'WTF have you done?! That's not a Tony Curtis!! :angry: " Barber replies "Don't be so ridiculous! I've seen The King And I seven times"

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
One for the oldies...

Teddy Boy goes into the local barbers and asks for a Tony Curtis. Barber procedes to shave him completely bald. Teddy Boy goes completely apeshit. 'WTF have you done?! That's not a Tony Curtis!! :angry: " Barber replies "Don't be so ridiculous! I've seen The King And I seven times"
Nope still don’t get it
…… and anyway barber out.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
One for the oldies...

Fake news. Barber would NEVER issue a reply that brief.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
One for the oldies...

Why would the barber reference 'The King and I' ? It is not a Tony Curtis film. And if he's seen it seven times he must know that. I think he was sidetracking the fact that he is a mod

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
One for the oldies...

Is it possible, Tommy old bean, that you've got some names wrong here?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Did you know that the actor Yul Bryner never used after shave in his life and was a life long Liverpool fan?

That’s right, Yul never wore cologne
Cologne is a perfume not an aftershave - so this has no meaning....

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/grooming/article/cologne-vs-aftershave
“Aftershave was a fragrant alcohol rub that men would pat onto their cheeks and neck after a shave, so why it is still used to simply spritz onto the neck and wrists is beyond me,” Dove continues. Aftershaves typically only contain aromatic compounds of only one to three per cent concentrate, meaning it has a fairly weak scent. Its original function was to be splashed onto freshly shaven skin in order to speed up the healing process and disinfect any minor cuts.

So what about cologne? “The term cologne is also an aged expression referring to the splash of eau de cologne men would apply. But in reality, cologne is a very weak concentration of scent, akin to an eau de toilette,” says Dove. “An eau de parfum, however, is a higher concentrated scent and pure parfum even more so. These fragrances will be more intense and last longer on the skin. It’s important to know the difference between these terms as it will allow you to better understand what you are investing your money in, as well as determine how long the scent will linger on your skin.”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here