Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Johnson to quit as PM early next year?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Johnson knew what was in store when he chose to stand as Tory Party leader, he was the one who persuaded the UK to vote Brexit and he has to own it.

That said, I suspect the pressure on him to resign next January will be huge. With no sign of the oven-ready deal we were promised Brexit is shaping up to be a hammer blow to this country, not to mention the increase in support for Scottish independence and the possibility of the break-up of the UK.

I could see him bailing out on health grounds. The Scottish Parliament elections are scheduled for 6th May and if Sturgeon wins and sees her support grow she will call for IndyRef2.

It could be the Johnson way to wuss out.... " the country needs a physically strong leader to forge the bonds between us and our future trading partners, sadly, I am spent, having spaffed my entire energy on holidaying and doing meaningless photo shoots..... I must hand over to a World Beating leader with the drive to power us forwards to where we were before we left the EU... My beloved ex fiance and sundry others deserve no less... "

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Interesting to see names appear again on the Big Board which haven't since the bear pit was introduced. Let's hope this and all political rubbish goes to the pit.

I agree completely, but it's always the same posters who manage, purely coincidentally I'm sure, to turn any political discussion into complete political rubbish

I wonder why that may be?

Off to the pit we go, because it's not as if politics effects anyone on here

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It could be the Johnson way to wuss out.... " the country needs a physically strong leader to forge the bonds between us and our future trading partners, sadly, I am spent, having spaffed my entire energy on holidaying and doing meaningless photo shoots..... I must hand over to a World Beating leader with the drive to power us forwards to where we were before we left the EU... My beloved ex fiance and sundry others deserve no less... "

He is rubbish though, I mean, his attention to detail is so shit he can't even pitch a tent in the right place.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
The Brexiteers voted for him, I’m sure they want him to stay and are impressed by his handling of the pandemic :shrug:

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
These threads are dominated by lefties - who lose every election. Any explanation?
Because Brighton is a left-wing, libetal, remain, bubble in a larger southern half of a country of right-leaning, Brexit voters.

And social media provided an echo-chamber making it difficult to see how vastly out of step Brighton is compared to most of the country.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
not a chance - far too big an ego to let his dream job go after such a short time. Strap yourself in - we are in for a long haul.

I think he, like Trumpo, was more interested in actually holding the position, so that he could SAY that he was Prime Minister, rather than actually doing the job.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Hopefully true .... just as long as it's after the 1st January 2021.

Because we certainly wouldn't want to go into that without a hard working, honest, proven leader to negotiate our way through it, leading from the front and uniting the country :lolol:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I think he, like Trumpo, was more interested in actually holding the position, so that he could SAY that he was Prime Minister, rather than actually doing the job.

Boris wanted the job as he thinks he is entitled to lead others. He still thinks this but Covid has left his dreams in tatters. Managing this situation requires a totally different skillset. Back in April when 1000 people a day were dying was the first time in his life he's couldn't laugh off a problem, ignore reality, wing his way through and let others deal with the long term fall out. He actually had to do some work.

The next phase of the countries rehabilitation is going to involve long hard slog and telling people things they don't want to hear. Not a chance he'll stick around to do this. Remember, he knows just how much he'll earn on the speaking circuit, he'll have been tapped up for this already. Early next year he'll announce his job was to get brexit done and he always intended to just stay for this purpose. The only thing he's missing is some flash legacy project. I'll expect to see contracts in place in the last half of this year for something truly ridiculous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here