Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Johnny Cantor......quality....best commentator so far.

danwa08

Sep 19, 2010
I was not furtunate enough to go to the game so i listened to the commentary on radio sussex, i was really impressed with the way cantor keeps up with play and interpretes situations with so much enthusiasm. When bridcutt connected with the winner wow.....brilliant johnny!!! you was so jubilant you got me jumping like a looney!!! congratulations on a job well done!!!!punk:

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I was not furtunate enough to go to the game so i listened to the commentary on radio sussex, i was really impressed with the way cantor keeps up with play and interpretes situations with so much enthusiasm. When bridcutt connected with the winner wow.....brilliant johnny!!! you was so jubilant you got me jumping like a looney!!! congratulations on a job well done!!!!punk:

Good shout. Never thought much of Andrew Hawes - Swindon fan I believe?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Can't agree. I only listen to the away games as I go to the home games. But he's a cup half empty merchant who often blathers on about anything but what is happening. And I'm afraid I don't like Adam Hinshelwood either. Just doesn't seem to have the intellect or the vocabulary for the job.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
He is ok when Budgie is the guest commentator but he struggles with Hinshelwood alongside him. Sometimes gets annoying when they ramble on and don't describe the action when we know something is happening because of the crowd noise.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Preferred Andrew Hawes but he does a good enough job.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Not sure why we need a second thread for this, but as I put on the other one, I preferred Andrew Hawes.

My thoughts are similar to Super Steve Earle above

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I too preferred Andrew Hawes. But I prefer Johnny to that gavin guy we had after andrew.

Johnny's problem is that he doesn't keep up with play most of the time, he frequently calls things wrong, at times I wonder if he's even paying attention (I've discovered this through listening while watching - anything to drown out the nonsense some of the fans around me spew). He also has a clear preference for Ankergren over Brezovan. He largely ignores lots of moments with Ankergren's uncertainty causing panic in the box, while referring to a ball from brezovan direct to, I think it was, Bridcutt's feet as "a wild ball, he really has problems with his distribution", Ankergren's flaps are often described as forceful punches when they don't even reach the edge of the penalty box.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I think he is excellent.

Also, let's be honest, he is on Sussex radio at the end of the day, he's going to have some faults, if he was much better he would be on national radio

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
I think he is excellent.

Also, let's be honest, he is on Sussex radio at the end of the day, he's going to have some faults, if he was much better he would be on national radio

True that. I always thought Hawes should have been on national radio. I prefered him to Johnny, but, I also think Johnny does a good job.

Hinshelwood is pretty bad I hate to say. I'm surprised everyone likes John Byrne so much. He's alright, but it's all a bit cliched footballer sometimes. Much better than Hinshelwood though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here