Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Johnathon Douglas

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
I have heard from a very reliable source (a Swindon fan) that we have put in a bid for him and that he could be heading our way.

I know little about the player but presume he worked with gus at Leeds?

Shoot me if you like. I am only passing on the message from somebody who has no need to make this up.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Swindon's best player (and I include Austin in that). I can't even BEGIN to imagine how much their fans would hate us, if this were true... :lol:

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
dcr0327l.jpg

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Didn't he choose Swindon over us in the summer?

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Swindon's best player (and I include Austin in that). I can't even BEGIN to imagine how much their fans would hate us, if this were true... :lol:
Hasn't been brilliant this season (is the vibe I've gotten from their fans), but still a great player who I rate highly. Ran the show in the 2nd half of the 1-0 game at Withdean last season.

This rumour was mentioned on Swindon's board, and subsequently on here. We do have decent numbers in central midfield, would he be an improvement on Bridcutt, Kish & Navarro? Possibly. Possibly not, with their respective performances this season.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I refer you to the Gus podcast from Comedy Steve once again - he won't be adding to the depth of the squad - Gus will only buy players now if they have specific skills not already in the squad. Suspect we've sounded out a lot of players over the last few weeks.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Indeed, I've listened to it and am perfectly aware of Gus' policy, hence the "would he be an improvement on our current holding midfielders?"

He's definitely the sort of player I could see Gus being fond of.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He feel out with Greer prior to his departure, so signing him would be a very interesting signing indeed....

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Indeed, I've listened to it and am perfectly aware of Gus' policy, hence the "would he be an improvement on our current holding midfielders?"

He's definitely the sort of player I could see Gus being fond of.

I think he may be an improvement on Sparrow - not been overly impressed by hime since he signed. Good in some games, anonymous in others.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Regarding our current holding midfielders;

Kish and Navarro can almost be seen as one entity, as Navarro will not be fit for a bit yet and Kish will probably hang up his boots at the end of the season therefore they will only be in contention with each other for a small amount of time.
Bridcutt however, I would like to see us really stick with and develop as I think he could potentially turn into an excellent player.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Oh, and on behalf of Swindon fans:

"Why would he?"
"Sideways move"
etc.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Wasn't referring that comment directly at you We're the Stripes.
Aha, fair enough!

Am I wrong in thinking Douglas was made captain at Swindon after Greer came to us? "Where's your captain gone?" x2?!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I think he may be an improvement on Sparrow - not been overly impressed by hime since he signed. Good in some games, anonymous in others.

For me our recent return to form has largely been down to Sparrow getting back in the side, does a lot of unoticed work in there for me.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The idea of Douglas doesn't really thrill me, but IF this were vaguely true, I trust Gus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here