Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Sullivan

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Is he the unluckiest goalkeeper ever? He's not put a foot wrong again today and been beaten by 4 goals again! :laugh: How low he must feel, he comes in for a game and we conceed loads, almost every time, but it's never his fault. It makes him look like a bad goalkeeper though, which he's not, I don't think so anyway. It just makes me laugh how unlucky he's been, maybe I'm alone in that?

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
I don't think any of his goals were unstoppable to be fair. Did he even move for the 2nd one?

Don't get me wrong, I like him a lot and think he'll become a top keeper for us

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
There were a few misunderstandings with his defence in the first half, I thought he had a poor game, but so did a few others.

Shinbreath

Nov 1, 2008
Hove...
When he was in for an injured Kuipers he was on a roll. Think he should have kept his place in the team for a few more games at least.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
But the question still remains, who is the better keeper, Kuipers or Sully ????

IMO Kuipers is a better shotstopper and Sully used to be a better kicker but even Kuipers kicking is better than his. One firm fan of Kuipers here :bigwave:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I don't think any of his goals were unstoppable to be fair. Did he even move for the 2nd one?

Don't get me wrong, I like him a lot and think he'll become a top keeper for us

He didn't move for the second one, I thought that was shit goalkeeping because he looked very out of place and not ready to make a save :angry:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
He did make some good saves though.

He made a couple of routine saves. Not much he good have done about the goals. The second was down to El-Abd not closing the man down so he had time to pick his spot.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Sullivan's kicking was better yesterday overall. But he still doesn't fill me with confidence when it comes to shot-stopping. I've seen him rooted to the spot far too many times already. The defence have to share the blame for conceeded goals. But of all the goals he has conceeded, I feel there are quite a few where he could have made some attempt to make a save.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here