Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Robinson Retires.......

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
According to BBC Sport website.

It was only a month or so ago there was talk he might be coming back to the Albion.

He's still only 33 !!!!!!!

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Very sad if that's true although he can look back on a brilliant career. Never forget his goal at Millwall in the play off semi final. Good luck John :clap: :clap: :clap:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
So heres to you, Johnny Robinson,
The Albion loved you more than you will know....oh oh oh

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
i misread the title thought it said Jake Robinson

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Good

The man is a traitor who refused to sign a deal when Lloyd offered him a new contract. Hence going to a tribunal who at the time always favoured the buying club.

In this case Charlton. Who bid £50,000.

Having sold Rob Lee to Newcastle. For £5m.

Tribunal set price at £75,000.

I hate John "Traitor" Robinson. And I hate f***ing Charlton even more.

Good riddance I say. Im glad we never signed him when Charlton got rid of the ponce.

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

ShorehamGull

He's now back
Jul 6, 2003
Shoreham of course
Good luck to John Robinson for the future. I remember his first goal for us against Millwall in the 2nd leg of the play offs in 1991 at the Den

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yeah the "Second Goal".

We were already 5-2 omn aggregate up by then.

:jester:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
ShorehamGull said:
Good luck to John Robinson for the future. I remember his first goal for us against Millwall in the 2nd leg of the play offs in 1991 at the Den

Was that his debut and was it not Mark Beeney running over to pick some Millwall scum by the throat when he ran on and tried to attack JR? or was that another time I went to Millwall ???

Good luck in the future JR. I thought you were great for us

Last edited:

No it was a league game the following August......a balmy hot night at the Den.

The kid that tried to kick John Robinson had got a free ticket as well by all accounts, but fair play to big Mark Beeney who grabbed the kid! :drink:

Tommy Cook reporting said:
No it was a league game the following August......a balmy hot night at the Den.

The kid that tried to kick John Robinson had got a free ticket as well by all accounts, but fair play to big Mark Beeney who grabbed the kid! :drink:

Wasn't this game where where if you include the pre match warm up, we used three goalkeepers before two minutes?! Perry Digweed injured himself in the warm up, Gary Chivers started in goal, then Mark Beeney came on as sub at the first stop in play! Originally he wasn't on the original teamsheet. Surely a record of sorts?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wasnt there a chap on Hartys phone in a few weeks ago when he went to Gillingham slagging DK off for not offering him more money to come to us rather than him go to Gillingham?

Seems as if DK got one thing right at least.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Good

The man is a traitor who refused to sign a deal when Lloyd offered him a new contract. Hence going to a tribunal who at the time always favoured the buying club.

In this case Charlton. Who bid £50,000.

Having sold Rob Lee to Newcastle. For £5m.

Tribunal set price at £75,000.

I hate John "Traitor" Robinson. And I hate f***ing Charlton even more.

Good riddance I say. Im glad we never signed him when Charlton got rid of the ponce.

Hmmmmm, I was thinking exactly the same thing when I saw the title of the thread. I remeber being a very pissed off boy when I heard the news but at the time because Lloyd was so cack I could understand it a little.

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here