Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Lennon day?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
http://www.johnlennonday.com/

"International holiday every October 9th to celebrate the life’s message of John Lennon, to be known as the John Lennon Day for Peace and Love on Earth. Every October 9th Imagine shall be played on TV, radio and websites in all 24 the world’s time zones at their local noontime."

??? What do ya think?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
What a load of rubbish. Next we will be having Lady Di Day or Richard Whitley Day.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
day before my birthday - lennon was a legend, but john lennon day - i dont think so:nono:

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
2 days before my birthday. Listened to his best of, and save for a few decents tracks, it's pretty mediocre and doesn't do anything to justify the hype and hysteria around him.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
brightonfan_86 said:
John Lennon day? no way, what about The Beatles day, now that would be better.

God no. I thought the Geneva Convention was set up to prevent torture like that??

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Why not make it an Oasis/beatles day as well? After all they sound the same and all talk out their arses.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
looney said:
Why not make it an Oasis/beatles day as well? After all they sound the same and all talk out their arses.

I have to say that's a very valid point. If we had another public holiday it'd have to be something more significant than somebody who was very popular in the light entertainment world.

We could have Trafalger day for example but that's not PC and would piss off the French. celebrting the end of Two wars would piss off the Germans.

John Lennon day ? Sorry but apart from a some songs he hardly changed history did he ?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Why not a Margret Thatcher day once she pegs it?

I want parrity with the lefties and theyve already got holocaust memorial day!!!!:angry:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
f*** Lennon, I'm DEMANDING a Joe Strummer Day...or has Attila patented that idea already?! :D

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
D'Angelo Saxon said:
I'd have a Mark Chapman day.

What?

Why is he a big shot ? On no just a bad shot as far as JL is concerned !

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
bhaexpress said:
Why is he a big shot ? On no just a bad shot as far as JL is concerned !

After all the crap he was prattling on about someone was bound to cap the dope head.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here