Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Humphreys 10 - Tony Blair 0

He also oversaw a domestic boom in the economy, introduced the minimum wage, surestart centres and banned foxhunting. Amongst a billion other positive things.

He made a gross error of judgement on Iraq and it's a shame that'll be his legacy. Quite frankly I think constantly berating him is wrong. It's not all black and white and he should be weighed up a little bit maturely than just labelling him good or evil.

Foxhunting still goes on.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk, whilst taking a dump.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
So if you support the Iraq war on the grounds that SH may have had WMDs which he may have exported to Syria prior to the Allies invading, I take it you would now support a similar invasion of Syria to track down those same, hypothetical WMDs?

No. Otherwise you might as well argue that we should invade Russia for covertly supplying arms, North Korea (and in effect China), Egypt etc etc. Fact is it may be suspected that he got rid of WMD via Syria but there is no scrap of evidence that has been found.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
And be prepared to fight yourself ?

Whilst I have every admiration for the military personnel that have fought and the losses they have suffered, it remains that joining the armed forces is optional and to do so, you have to consider the worst eventuality. If there was conscription then I would fight but alas at my age it is more likely to be in the home guard!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
That didn't really give him a choice though. It just let him know how people felt. What I meant was, did our country really have a choice? i.e. were we in a position to tell the USA to get stuffed? Would Margaret Thatcher have told Ronald Reagan to get stuffed, had it happened during his Presidency? Would those other Conservative leaders have told George Bush to get stuffed had they been in power after the 9/11 attacks? That was really the question I was asking.

That is a wholly irrelevant and hypothetical question.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Hypothetical but hardly irrelevant!

Yes it is totally irrelevant and a point scoring hypothetical load of tosh. Can't argue the point in hand so turn it sideways in order to give themselves credibility. Absolute rubbish. Stick with the facts, not the fiction.

Sep 20, 2005
Yes it is totally irrelevant and a point scoring hypothetical load of tosh. Can't argue the point in hand so turn it sideways in order to give themselves credibility. Absolute rubbish. Stick with the facts, not the fiction.

Well, that wasn't my intention. Sorry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here