Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Humphrey

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
My boy has just started secondary school and told me last night that the Head of Football is John Humphrey. This is the same JH who played for us in the run in during the 1996/97 season (from the infamous 4-4 Leyton Orient match) and for part of the following season.

Looking forward to meeting him as i saw him play in most of his matches for us. Does anyone have any interesting stories or memories of him?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Only that he was bloody good, even at that late stage of his career.. very solid and far more reliable than the hugely overrated Peter Smith

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I am going to forgive him the palace misdemeanour, and focus on his part in the great run in that kept us in the football league!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Nice one, being taught the joys of sport by someone who played for the Albion. I wonder how many other ex-Albion players are working in education, I seem to remember hearing that George Parris was still in the area, are there any others?

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Nice one, being taught the joys of sport by someone who played for the Albion. I wonder how many other ex-Albion players are working in education, I seem to remember hearing that George Parris was still in the area, are there any others?

Chippy is my football coach at college, kuipers helps out with gym stuff every week and watches some of the matches and Butters I think also helps out with the football but not too sure just saw him the other day walking around.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
He was featured in his new role on Sky Sports this morning - Premier League Weekend or something like that. He seems like a nice guy (if you excuse the Palace link). They interviewed some of the kids from the school too.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I have a feeling that sneaky George might have ended up working in special needs education in Brighton, bit vague on that so I may be mistaken.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I am going to forgive him the palace misdemeanour, and focus on his part in the great run in that kept us in the football league!

This would be the Palace cast-off John Humphrey, I presume?

Having said that "Ninj" did a great job for us at the top-level, so it's "we buy them on the way up" and YOU buy them on the way back down, really...

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
My boy has just started secondary school and told me last night that the Head of Football is John Humphrey. This is the same JH who played for us in the run in during the 1996/97 season (from the infamous 4-4 Leyton Orient match) and for part of the following season.

Looking forward to meeting him as i saw him play in most of his matches for us. Does anyone have any interesting stories or memories of him?

"Infamous"? Just cos some of the North Stand chanted "Crystal Paalace, F**k Off Home" at moi (I hope) on the Orient terraces?

ironacton

Jul 14, 2009
I met Jamie Campbell while on holiday in Tenerife this year. He is also a school teacher. Great fella, happy to talk about his Albion years and pose with the kids. I think I was much more excited than them

Attachments

• IMGA0121.JPG
    IMGA0121.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 466

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I met Jamie Campbell while on holiday in Tenerife this year. He is also a school teacher. Great fella, happy to talk about his Albion years and pose with the kids. I think I was much more excited than them

Ah, Jamie Campbell. A supremely limited defender as I recall. Particularly a subsequent appearance for Exeter against us at Withdean, when he gave a performance even more incompetent than we'd traditionally come to associate with him, and was one of (I believe) ten City players booked on the night. Is my mind playing tricks on me or did he gift us a welcome own goal too?

ironacton

Jul 14, 2009
Ah, Jamie Campbell. A supremely limited defender as I recall. Particularly a subsequent appearance for Exeter against us at Withdean, when he gave a performance even more incompetent than we'd traditionally come to associate with him, and was one of (I believe) ten City players booked on the night. Is my mind playing tricks on me or did he gift us a welcome own goal too?

yes all true, he mentioned this, he was captain of Exeter at the time

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Steve Foster is my personal lifestyle coach.

Er what?

Has he recommended a perm and walking round with a towelling headband on your nod?

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria

Pretty sure Danny Simmonds is a PE teacher in Sussex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here