Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Guidetti

hopeful

Jul 18, 2003
If we are looking for a loan signing why do we not go back to Man City & try & get John Guidetti. Looks a more realistic loan signing & Man City like loaning us players

Position

Striker

Height (ft)

6'01"

Date of birth

15 April 1992

Weight (st)

TBC

Place of birth

Stockholm, Sweden

International caps / goals

1 / 0

Widely regarded as the brightest young striking talent in Swedish football, John Guidetti joined the Blues as a 16-year-old after impressing then-manager Sven-Goran Eriksson in 2008.

Born in the Swedish capital of Stockholm, Guidetti spent significant periods of his childhood in Kenya, where he would play street football outside Nairobi. His father would drive him to the Ligi Ndogo Academy, where it was obvious the young striker was a cut above the rest.

Upon his family's return to Sweden, he signed for IF Brommapojkarna before making the move to Manchester. A prolific 13 goals in his first 13 games for the City Under-18s, a hat-trick in his reserve team debut and a brief loan return to IF Brommapojkarna continued the striker's footballing education.

Guidetti made his City debut on 22 September 2010 when selected in the starting line-up for the League Cup third round tie away to West Bromwich Albion. A one month loan spell to Burnley followed, in which he scored one goal in five appearances before returning to his parent club for the remainder of the season, where he would continue his impressive form for the EDS.

On 9 July 2011, Guidetti signed a three-year contract extension with the Blues and embarked on his most successful season to date. A year-long loan spell at Eredivisie club Feyenoord was arranged, and the promising Swedish star was given the opportunity to shine. With 20 goals and eight assists in his 23 games for the Dutch team, Guidetti became a firm fan favourite and instant hero, his goals guiding Feyenoord to a surprise second place finish and to a Champions League third round qualifying position.

A phenomenal scoring record, including hat-tricks against FC Twente, Ajax and Vitesse propelled Guidetti to the national stage, making his international debut in February 2012 as a half-time substitute versus Croatia.

Injury in mid-April unfortunately prevented the starlet from taking part in his country's Euro 2012 campaign as he failed to recover in time.

TaxiRichieUK

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
Just another post of pure speculation, in fact why dont we try signing Micheal Owen on loan ? hes been at stoke for a few months now and not really broke into their team, perhaps he might fancy a couple of months out on loan somewhere

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
He is injured. A very nasty injury i should add.

Guidetti returned to City after suffering illness towards the end of the last campaign and is currently seeking to regain full fitness.

"It's going well - I can run, I can shoot, I can pass, so I am definitely getting there, but we have to be a bit more patient and of course I want to get out there every day, it's what I long for," he said.

Not that far away from being fit by the sounds of it

Anyway, I doubt it matters. I don't think he'd want to drop to the championship; I imagine he could probably go to a low Prem club or back abroad again. Would be amazing though, he would tear the Championship a new one

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Very good prospect, not a chance in hell of him coming here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here