Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

john gregory steps down as crawley manager

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hope the heart surgery goes well.

However he should not be allowed anywhere near the club after the Villa years and looking down his nose at us.

Nobody has mentioned him applying for the Brighton job. He's standing down at Crawley because he needs an urgent operation. People are putting 2+2 together and making 22.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Well i guess he is an Albion legend after being part of maybe the greatest side in the clubs history playing in the top flight. Despite the Amex, the club seems someway of that at the moment. I guess your hoping he doesn't make it when he has this operation ?

What a laughable over reaction to a tongue-in-cheek comment.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What a laughable over reaction to a tongue-in-cheek comment.

Inclined to agree. If the Albion had picked up a player from- say- Exeter City at 16 years of age, and Exeter had demanded compensation once he started playing in the Albion first team, I bet a fair few fans would have applauded our manager doing the same thing as Gregory did.

When all's said and done, it was a throwaway line he fed to the media on behalf of his club, who were doing their best to pay the minimum possible in the deal. It came across as a tad over the top at the time, but it's water under the bridge now, surely?

I've followed him on Twitter for a while because he actually comes across rather well on there. Very human, and also very passionate about the Villa (which may also explain his outburst all those years ago). He's quite funny when he wants to be. The bloke is due to undergo a major, hugely risky operation, which I'm sure he'll quietly be cacking it about. How could anybody wish him anything other than well in the circumstances?

Quite right Edna - the Crawley fans have ended up giving him as much stick as Sami got here, no need for us to join in given the health circumstances. Had an impossible job to do at creepy this season but always handled himself with dignity and good humour even though the results were very mixed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here