Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Cooper Clarke at The Dome

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
This has been on sale for a good while and I popped down this morning and secured front row seats. I know the show's not until November, but no one who saw the BBC4 documentary on him last night can be in any doubt that the guy is a living legend, and I'm surprised tickets aren't going faster, especially at £15-£17.50.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Fascinating geezer.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
The Bard of Salford (going to see him on Monday)

"What kind of creature boar you,
Was it some kind of bat?
They can't think of a good word for you,
but I can....Twat" !

"The kingdom of the blind
a one-eyed man is king
Beauty problems are redefined
the doorbells do not ring
A lightbulb bursts like a blister
the only form of heat
here a fellow sells his sister
down the river on Beasley Street

The boys are on the wagon
The girls are on the shelf
Their common problem is
that they're not someone else
The dirt blows out
The dust blows in
You can't keep it neat
It's a fully furnished dustbin,
Sixteen Beasley Street

Vince the ageing savage
Betrays no kind of life
but the smell of yesterday's cabbage
and the ghost of last year's wife
through a constant haze
of deodorant sprays
he says retreat
Alsations dog the dirty days
down the middle of Beasley Street

People turn to poison
Quick as lager turns to piss
Sweethearts are physically sick
every time they kiss.
It's a sociologist's paradise
each day repeats
On easy, cheesy, greasy, queasy
beastly Beasley Street"

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
JCC was well ahead of the times...I mean the song Twat was either written for Cameron or Osbourne 30 odd years before they (somehow) floated (like a turd) to the top.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Greatly enjoyed that BBC4 programme. I was at the Costello/Voidoids/JCC in '79 - fantastic!

I was at that one, too, assuming it was the roasting hot night down at the Top Rank Suite. Someone was handing out "Wednesday Week" badges on the door and I wore mine for months without having a clue what it was about!

Caught the end of the BBC4 programme last night. I'd forgotten just how good he is.

Might try to get myself some tickets for this one if I can find some spare cash from somewhere.

boik

I was at that one, too, assuming it was the roasting hot night down at the Top Rank Suite. Someone was handing out "Wednesday Week" badges on the door and I wore mine for months without having a clue what it was about!

Caught the end of the BBC4 programme last night. I'd forgotten just how good he is.

Might try to get myself some tickets for this one if I can find some spare cash from somewhere.

I thought it looked like the night at the Lyceum - same tour though. Saw him last year at the komedia and he's still got it.

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
Saw him supporting Siouxsie & the Banshees way back when. Can't believe I wasn't aware he was on at the Dome. Off to get a ticket.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Saw him supporting The Fall and The Buzzcocks in North London maybe 3 years ago. Great line up. He was even thinner and paler than usual but still got the patter. Mark E Smith came on with a frame post his hip op!

Going to Latitude this year they have the full poetry works - Zephaniah, Hegley, JCC and this bloke The Bitchling Deacon by Gilli Bloodaxe | Song | Free Music, Listen Now
who is from Brighton and worth checking out - Gilli Bloodaxe.

PG

PG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here