Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Campbell

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Met the former vice chairman on a train the other night, almost 21 years to the day since he faced Gulls Eye in the High Court.

A changed man, he's currently writing his life story in which the Albion will feature heavily, given what he said on the train, I think the lawyers will have to give it a good read before print.

He said he regretted many things including suing us and bringing Mullery back for the second time, but not however the removal of Mike Bamber or the sacking of Chris Cattlin.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Met the former vice chairman on a train the other night, almost 21 years to the day since he faced Gulls Eye in the High Court.

A changed man, he's currently writing his life story in which the Albion will feature heavily, given what he said on the train, I think the lawyers will have to give it a good read before print.

He said he regretted many things including suing us and bringing Mullery back for the second time, but not however the removal of Mike Bamber or the sacking of Chris Cattlin.

Did he give you your money back ?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Does he still support The Seagulls and what was his view on the fight to get to Falmer

East Stand season ticket holder.

Was part of the Beeding Cement Works deal so thinks whilst its good at Falmer had the club had the right help we might have been at Beeding for years by now.

He said that there are plans to make a film of his life, he talked casting and although nothing is in stone yet John Hurt has been approached to play Barry Lloyd whilst Alan Carr is keen to tackle the role of Tony Millard.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Was part of the Beeding Cement Works deal so thinks whilst its good at Falmer had the club had the right help we might have been at Beeding for years by now.

A view held by many whether right or wrong it is easy to be wise after the event and come up with the objections that may or may not have been made. Would we have lost a decade of supporters that we may never get back, nobody can really answer that. Thanks Lewes DC.

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING
met the former vice chairman on a train the other night, almost 21 years to the day since he faced gulls eye in the high court.

A changed man, he's currently writing his life story in which the albion will feature heavily, given what he said on the train, i think the lawyers will have to give it a good read before print.

He said he regretted many things including suing us and bringing mullery back for the second time, but not however the removal of mike bamber or the sacking of chris cattlin.

ginger johnny campbell ???

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
A view held by many whether right or wrong it is easy to be wise after the event and come up with the objections that may or may not have been made. Would we have lost a decade of supporters that we may never get back, nobody can really answer that. Thanks Lewes DC.

No, thanks well known figures on Brighton and Hove Council who all but scuppered the deal with their lack of initial support because Beeding was outside the conurbation.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control

Shiver. Toad's Hole would have been the best location, we should have developed the greyhound stadium, blah blah blah...whenever I read stuff like this I think of Bill Archer discussing "handing over the cudgels", Greg Stanley blubbing to Attila about how sorry he is about everything and Bellotti wishing the club well for the future.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Dont wish to re stir up old stories but I was led to believe that Horsham Council were prepared to stump up a large sum of the cost as a community stadium but that is all old news thats been laid to rest so lets move on

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Dont wish to re stir up old stories but I was led to believe that Horsham Council were prepared to stump up a large sum of the cost as a community stadium but that is all old news

It's not old news, please enlighten us, after that maybe we could have a lengthy debate about whether we didn't charge Chartwell enough for the Goldstone, then have a group session of smashing our heads against one of the walls at Falmer so hard that we all wind up lying on the tarmac seeing the ghost of Jo Bellotti floating in the winter air, sucking off Robbie Fowler

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Every time the Amex comes into view from the train or round the corner on the A27 I think we made the right choice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here