Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Baine on BBC SCR

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Good stuff.

Don't listen to the phone in anymore but Harty stance in that call sounded a bit pro club + a bit head in the sand like.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I heard it the first time around and it just sounds even better everytime you here it.He might get into trouble for it though.

Absolutely quality :drink:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I wish Mr.Baine could do the phone ins.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I wish Mr.Baine could do the phone ins.

Agreed!
But i don't think the Beeb will take the risk.

Top notch articulation John.

I hope Micky heard it and reacts how we know (or knew!) he can. C'mon Micky, prove us wrong.

PG

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Missed it on the night and wondered what all the hoo har was about and frankly didnt hear anything that was that controversial or untrue,so i dont know how you can get into trouble for that.

the only thing that did suprise me is that he was allowed to make the point for that amount of time,as usualy if a caller starts to ask any controversial questions or disagrees he is cut off.

I was very much for MA at the start of the season and still hope above hope he can make it work,but im afraid even i am starting to think the plot has gone,the only thing i can say in MA defence is that our players do his talking for him on the pitch and that suggests either they do not listen or unable to carry the instructions out or the instructions are from a man they cannot understand anymore.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Harty

Wake up and smell the Coffee mate.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
bloody hell there wants to be a few more ads on that page doesn't there!

thanks though!

oh and a tip for the future... sendspace.com or yoursendit.com :thumbsup:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Thanks for that, Atilla speaks sense about anyone else but Adams would not get away with this.

Its a shame Harty invites him on and then tells him he has to go to callers and also says he can say one more thing 'but make it positive'.

The term sleepwalking into the lower divisions has some resonance. Come on Micky some us some of that passion we love, lets go get Cheltenham.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Bang on!

Exactly how most of us feel.

Let's hopr that this coming from someone who is considered to be close to club realy wakes them up!

If it does not people need to start letting them know at the games.

There would have been carnage at the Goldstone if the crap we have watched this season was being served up.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Harty - "It's not rubbish John!"

Harty you blinkered fool!

But it was a vast improvement on Saturday, something JB agreed with me on.

We had rubbish under Lloyd, Case and Wood, this at the moment isn't good but it doesn't approach anything like we saw with the aforementioned.

PS And part of McGhee's tenure, not forgetting the Mansfield debacle in the cup last year.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

We had rubbish under Lloyd, Case and Wood, this at the moment isn't good but it doesn't approach anything like we saw with the aforementioned.

PS And part of McGhee's tenure, not forgetting the Mansfield debacle in the cup last year.

Harty have your expectations really got that low now. We were playing a poor division 4 side for heavens sake.

What rubbish under Lloyd like getting promotion from Division 3 to Division 2 in 1988 and being one match away from the 1st Division in 1991? He got us relegated in 1993 but all in all Lloyd's reign at the Albion was not rubbish and you cannot compare him to the likes of Wood and Case.

Oh and yes we were beaten in the FA Cup last season by Mansfield but it was in the 3rd round, not the 1st round like this season.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here