Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

joey bartons brother....

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Yorkie said:
I feel sorry for Joey Barton as he has worked hard to get himself out of that sort of background.

Sadly, he rather messed up his great escape from "that sort of background" when he stubbed out a cigar in a Man City youth team player's eye.

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
Yorkie said:
Of course everyon in Liverpool is, just as everyone in Brighton is gay :rolleyes:

I feel sorry for Joey Barton as he has worked hard to get himself out of that sort of background.
It's not his fault a relative has committed this terrible crime and yet he will get some awful stick from fans of other clubs for it.

Seconded.

1066gull

bhaexpress said:
Don't you mean 'Lazy, thieving, moaning bastards' ? That's what they were when I worked up there.

Eh. Rolls eyes frantically. Looks around shoulder, right left right left left.:rolleyes: :ohmy: :thud:

*RUNS*

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
bhaexpress said:
Don't you mean 'Lazy, thieving, moaning bastards' ? That's what they were when I worked up there.

My other half is a scouser and I'm up there all the time. When you actually get to know people in a community you'll find they are just like anyone else.

Perhaps you BORED THEM TO DEATH

Last edited:

Lord Cornwallis

Dust my pants
Jul 9, 2003
Across the pond

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Les Biehn said:
The other one, Paul Taylor is also Barton's cousin I believe. Nice.

However I quite like Joey after seeing him on football focus. The lad clearly didn't have the best upbringing but seems like he is genuinely tryin to change himself and was probably one of the most honest and thoughtful footballers I have seen interviewed.

Totally agree. I have a lot of time of Joey's efforts to put himself on the right tracks. Good luck to him. It also seems as if Stuart Pearce deserves a lot of credit for trying to help him off the pitch as well as on it.

Stumpy Tim

I saw a piece on Joey Barton recently. He was on a Tony Adams organised charity fishing trip to raise money for alcoholic awareness. He goes to AA meetings since his much-publicised pre-season behaviour. Credit where it's due. With his money it would have been easy to just carry on as he was.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Sadly, he rather messed up his great escape from "that sort of background" when he stubbed out a cigar in a Man City youth team player's eye.

And started on a 13/14 year old

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here