Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joey Barton

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
what has bowyer done that makes him worse than barton ?
Wasn't he part of that attack on some Asian bloke in McDonalds? And he got sent off for fighting his own player which shows what an ill-discplined, out of touch prick he is. Inexcusable when being paid a fortune while some fans scrimp and save to watch - nd this is the way he pays them back.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Have to say Shearer has gone up in my estimations as well recently - .

Handled the "should have stayed on the telly" chant very well I thought as it obviously amused him even though his team were being played off the park :lol:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
He is just a thug and one day, soon I hope he will pick on the wrong person and get a f*cking good hiding.
This unfortunatley is the only way to teach these people.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
He is just a thug and one day, soon I hope he will pick on the wrong person and get a f*cking good hiding.
This unfortunatley is the only way to teach these people.

Looks like he might have picked the wrong person in Shearer. Lets just hope there's no other prem sides willing to pay him when Newcastle (hopefully) sack him :thumbsup:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I know he is a spiteful little b******D but he does have some passion for the club he plays for .....which is more than can be said about the other 10 on the pitch

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
SSN are reporting that the suspension is not linked to the red card at Anfield.

It must be related. I suppose you can't really suspend a player for getting sent off but with quotes from Barton about Shearer's "shit tactics and shit managing" and rumours of a row in the dressing room I would imagine it's more for that. Can't believe the tabloids though so we'll see.

Wonder if Newcastle would have suspended him if he wasn't serving a suspension for the red card until the end of the season anyway.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
it's quite easy to cunjour up a persona for the bloke, spiteful , little , scouse , gobshite (unt............perhaps bestjikas or galatasaray could POUND some sense into him a fortnight in pollsmoor might help too.....NORBERT..!!

It must be related. I suppose you can't really suspend a player for getting sent off but with quotes from Barton about Shearer's "shit tactics and shit managing" and rumours of a row in the dressing room I would imagine it's more for that. Can't believe the tabloids though so we'll see.

Agreed. I suspect he has been suspended due to the fallout from the sending off. i.e. Shearer has a go at him, Barton has a go back, Barton gets suspended.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
would be nice if newcastle sacked him and not a single club then signed him. would be the end of his career. sweet.

Is Shearer qualified to pontificate about Barton's behaviour? I seem to remember Mary Poppins himsel kicking an opponent in the head on the pitch. Neil Lennon wasn't it?

It was. Kicked him in the face, in fact, when he was lying on the floor.

Shearer was a thug. Of course, Barton is, too, so I'm not going to cry over any punishment he gets, but I do think Shearer is on thin ice in complaining about Barton's violence. Indeed, what Barton did this weekend was nowhere near as bad as his attack on Lennon.

Shearer is probably also embarrassed that he made such a howler of a decision in moving Barton out onto the wing. Before then, Barton had been useful, energetic and quite a handful in the centre. Out on the wing he had nothing to do, got frustrated and steamed in. I suspect the post-match bust-up might have had something to do with that.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
It was. Kicked him in the face, in fact, when he was lying on the floor.

Shearer was a thug. Of course, Barton is, too, so I'm not going to cry over any punishment he gets, but I do think Shearer is on thin ice in complaining about Barton's violence. Indeed, what Barton did this weekend was nowhere near as bad as his attack on Lennon.

Shearer is probably also embarrassed that he made such a howler of a decision in moving Barton out onto the wing. Before then, Barton had been useful, energetic and quite a handful in the centre. Out on the wing he had nothing to do, got frustrated and steamed in. I suspect the post-match bust-up might have had something to do with that.

Shearer's point was that Barton lost it at just the time that the team really needed him. I can't remember Shearer dramatically letting down his own side when they needed him most. All in all, not what I'd call 'thin ice'.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I think there's a difference between a dirty player like Shearer, which most teams have, and a player with psychopathic tendencies like Barton.

And Bowyer beating up his own team, it was Kieran Dyer, i for one appluad such actions

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Do remember Barton mooning at the home fans at Fratton Park once. Been hard for me to dislike him ever since.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Anyway, West Ham will have him. They're always happy to have any little (unt.

Bellamy, Bowyer, Dyer, Neill, Hartson, etc, etc...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wasn't he part of that attack on some Asian bloke in McDonalds? And he got sent off for fighting his own player which shows what an ill-discplined, out of touch prick he is. Inexcusable when being paid a fortune while some fans scrimp and save to watch - nd this is the way he pays them back.

Correct. There was some CCTV footage of it doing the rounds at the time. Shocking stuff.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
His suspension until further notice is quite drastic and I wonder if the Toon will sack him for bringing the club into disrepute and breaches of protocol.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here