Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Joel Veltman

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Great stuff - bringing some essential experience (and class) to an otherwise pretty inexperienced team

Well said. This should be the riposte to all those critics of Potter and the players over the last few weeks. We are an inexperienced team and it will take time for individual players to bed down in their roles within the team. If you think that a lot of the players* have only been in the first team squad for a season or less we, as fans, should show a bit more patience and offer less criticism.

* Burn, Trossard, MacAllister, Lamptey, Maupay, White, Veltman, Connolly for starters. Chuck in Lallana and Welbeck to help out with their know-how and the promise will be rewarded.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Veltman is improving.

Though, as has been mentioned, if the ref had given that penalty, which get given about 50% of the time, he would be getting slated on here ..... not without some justification. Fine margins in football.

Whatever, I agree with anyone saying, he should be on the right side on a back 3 (with White in midfield and Burn on the bench)

I disagree with anyone suggesting we cash in on Lamptey. They should both be in the side

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Do we know if the Ajax fans are still laughing at us ?

Given many England fans are wondering how Southgate fits Grealish into England starting 11 - Veltman did a very good job of keeping Grealish quiet

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Not sure how he can be dropped even for Lamptey.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
He really is a very good player completely different to Lamptey, so glad I don't have to choose between the 2.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Dirty good, Lamptey needs to be converted into... something. Whenever one of Lamptey/White/Webster moves to Barca or something, the replacement is already in the squad.

Jovis

Mar 30, 2012
I don’t think you will see a better performance to nullify Grealish all season. Top class, was in his head from minute 1.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Rwb/rb slot is his now.

Cannot believe I’m saying that!

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
An unbelievable signing at the price we paid.

Champions League quality defender, technically brilliant and very very intelligent. He wasn’t fooled by any of Grealish’s tricks and had him calmly in his pocket the whole game.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I love that hes a bruiser but absolutely class on the ball. Always so composed can pick a pass and has a decent final ball.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
We will have to find a way to play Veltman and Lamptey. Most likely way to do this is push Burn to LWB and White in the midfield

So the defence looks a bit like ....

Veltman Dunk Webster
Lamptey White Bissouma Burn

Don't think that means i'm dropping Gross, but he's going to have to fight it out with Lallana, MacAllister, Trossard for the places in behind the striker.

Fabulous competition for places

I just think Lamptey has to be in.

He is the one who has the pace and unpredictability to scare the **** out of teams

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here