Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joel Lynch

maxnug

Jun 9, 2008
Rumour/(actually a fact) that Joel Lynch has just sold his house in Nottingham and is moving back down south to Brighton. Putting 2 and 2 together, it looks as he is either signing for us again, or Crawley have made a sensational swoop for him. Either way, he has sold his house and is moving down back to Sussex.

Source- my mate has just signed for the house he has moved out from, and the estate agent that did the deal said the reason why Lynch moved was to move into a property down in Brighton.

Don't shoot the messenger!

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Hope it's Crawley then and not us

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Wouldn't be a bad option and I for one don't blame him for signing for Forest instead of playing at Withdean.

Of course it could be that he's just invested his cash in a bit of property down here and is staying at Forest.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I think the reason he left was that Adams dropped him for Hawkins. Now with the benefit of hindsight I'm sure we can all agree he had a point.

As far as I can remember, Lynch was injured at the start of the season. Hawkins played well in the first handful of games, certainly nothing to warrant dropping. Lynch was recalled as a sub and then proceeded to throw a hissy fit and demand a transfer. In fact, I am pretty sure that we were unbeaten with The Hawk in the line up for the first five or six matches.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
No idea how good Lynch is but is he better than Vincelot?

Different kind of player but as a left back Lynch is better - being left footed. Good in the air too and quick.

maxnug

Jun 9, 2008
Wouldn't be a bad option and I for one don't blame him for signing for Forest instead of playing at Withdean.

Of course it could be that he's just invested his cash in a bit of property down here and is staying at Forest.

Can see what your saying, but my mate who signed for the house said that Lynch is moving down to Brighton. It seems like a relocation, rather than an investment.

If I remember correctly (please correct me if I'm wrong), his contract is up with Forest and is a free agent. Therefore this looks even more plausible. In my opinion, I think he will be a quality signing, apparently he has had a very solid season for Forest in his prefered position as CB. Gus will also like his versatility given he can also play LB. He's getting into his prime, who cares how he left us back then. He left us to go to a bigger team who would have paid him much more money. Don't blame the fella. Think this could turn out a pretty decent signing if (most likely) true.

ps He's far too good for Crawley at the moment IMO!

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
I have to say, of all the recent ish ex players - he was the one I thought would fit into Gus' style of play the best, given how comfortable on the ball he is.

On saying that, I was never that enamoured with him as a defender, and I think Tank said on here that he had a serious attitude problem... maybe with age that has mellowed, and worth a second chance?

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
why would he move back down to Brighton when he comes from Eastbourne ?

Because he would be playing for Brighton and not Eastbourne?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Remember that if you come from nottingham you probably think everywhere south of London and east of Portsmouth (if you know where that is) is called Brighton :)

One of the things he was unhappy about here if I remember was playing left back when he felt his best position was centre back. He drifted in and out of the side at Forest being played largely at LEFT BACK. They finally played him in the middle this season consistently and he has played really well.

If he moves the only rumour I have heard is that Millwall were interested. Would he want to come back here to compete with Greer/elAbd/Dunk/Elphick after what happened under Adams?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here