Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joel Lynch

nikosdabi4

Jan 23, 2010
Bodmin, Cornwall
Surprised and disappointed

i go to uni with one of his best mates, and i know for a fact that he would never come back to the ablion cos of the way they treated him. they f***ed his back (hense his constant injuries now) and when he had a international chance at u19's the gaffer refused to let him go cause they wanted to play him in a pointless end of season game when the result didnt matter

never gunna happen

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gus would have him sulking within 10 minutes. Overated player too. I'd be disappointed to see him back but it's never gonna happen.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
i go to uni with one of his best mates, and i know for a fact that he would never come back to the ablion cos of the way they treated him. they f***ed his back (hense his constant injuries now) and when he had a international chance at u19's the gaffer refused to let him go cause they wanted to play him in a pointless end of season game when the result didnt matter

never gunna happen

Which goes to show (again) there are two sides to every story.

But Nope - we are moving on. There are other better players in store for us.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
S DLOFT - You know Lynch dont u? Have u heard something then or am i thinking of someone else?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Nothing at all against Lynch, but we simply don't need him.

He'd be behind Elphick, El Abd at least at CB, and behind Painter, McNulty, and the guy who carries the Withdean Wager board, as a left back.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Nothing at all against Lynch, but we simply don't need him.

He'd be behind Elphick, El Abd at least at CB, and behind Painter, McNulty, and the guy who carries the Withdean Wager board, as a left back.

Yeh he would - any normal player would except that and fight their way into the team over a period of a few months - whereas we all know sulky Joel handed in a transfer request 1 or 2 games in to the seaon when Adams didn't choose him - sorry but all that other stuff about his back etc is just additional stuff - he handed in the request when not picked - like a small child.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
In fairness, the Wager guy is probably quite good [for a man of 60+]. I doubt Joel could handle the competition.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I've never seen his face! :)

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
In fairness, Lynch was dropped after developing a promising partnership with Elphick and replaced by Hawkins. I'm not surprised he threw his toys out of the pram!

However, I just think he was a fairly good CB (but prone to severe lapses in concentration that Gus would not tolerate) and a truly woeful LB. I don't really think he's been missed...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here