Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joel Lynch...overrated?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I must have stated this on ten threads recently. Lynch has great potential, but the hype is way overboard. For me this season so far has been all about COX.

This is exactly how someone might try getting a cheap deal at a boot-fair, by trying to bring attention to the flaws until they get the article for practically nothing.

Obviously 'Brighton M', your people must be a bit desparate to own this little over-rated trinket. Well it's not 'costume jewelry' and the price just went up.

Keep up the effort, but cheap-deals like Kazim-Richards, Leon Knight and Bobby Zamora are a thing of the past. Why should Brighton find gems and then have to give them away because you 'respected establishment' think-yourself-big-boys know that we are scraping through? We have been taken advantage of by scum before, thanks.

It's YOU who are over-rated, and if he's going anywhere it's to a club who do more respectable business than what you are trying on.

b'bye now
:bigwave:

hans kraay fan club said:
I must have stated this on ten threads recently. Lynch has great potential, but the hype is way overboard. For me this season so far has been all about COX.

To respond to the attention that young Lynch is getting by running down his talents, is the sort of reaction that does our players no good.
You are right to fear him getting poached, but the respect he deserves is not given in this sort of talk.

The bit about Cox is right, and it's a very good place to start our revival. Lads with excellent young heads on their shoulders, the drive and enthusiasm for the game and the club. Cox and Robinson bring all the sorts of qualities to the pitch that should be encouraged and cultivated.

Let's just not run down players by bandwagon-jumping like was done to Leon Knight. The crowd got against him when he was trying to do something for the club - and that frustrates a player. Not least is a manager who 'didn't know what he was doing' to add to the misery.

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
NMH said:
This is exactly how someone might try getting a cheap deal at a boot-fair, by trying to bring attention to the flaws until they get the article for practically nothing.

Obviously 'Brighton M', your people must be a bit desparate to own this little over-rated trinket. Well it's not 'costume jewelry' and the price just went up.

Keep up the effort, but cheap-deals like Kazim-Richards, Leon Knight and Bobby Zamora are a thing of the past. Why should Brighton find gems and then have to give them away because you 'respected establishment' think-yourself-big-boys know that we are scraping through? We have been taken advantage of by scum before, thanks.

It's YOU who are over-rated, and if he's going anywhere it's to a club who do more respectable business than what you are trying on.

b'bye now
:bigwave:

You been smoking something funny?:lolol:

I'm an Albion supporter of 8 years now, and regularly attend matches (although unfortunately don't have a season ticket).

However, if i was some sort of Scout, i don't think i'd use an Internet message board to try and lower a players price:lol: Although whatever your insistance that 'cheap-deals' are a thing of the past, i am not convinced. As long as we have a board with no money, and a poxy althetics track to call home, we will be taking any money we can get our hands on. Zamora is the only player i can think of who we've rejected serious bids for, and that was because at the time he virtually was Brighton & Hove Albion, and was probably earing enough for the club in shirt sales, merchandise, and above-all ticket sales! The same definitely can't be said of Lynch (although that's largely because he's not getting goalscoring headlines), and a player with the previously mentioned inconsistencies would, I feel, be sold if the right offer came in.

Cox, on the other hand has shown enormous potential, and also seems capable of finding the back of the net, which can only be a good thing. I still feel he has his flaws though, and often drifts in and out of games. But give him a couple of years, and we could have a real prospect. Well, unless we get a big-money offer in anyway.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
In a poor game yesterday Lynch in the 2nd half did - on a couple of occasions - act very cooly and bring the ball out of defence whilst under pressure (something Carlisle's forward did all game and which we had little answer to). I could appreciate that despite his inexperience he could be a prospect.

Maybe yesterday wasn't a good game to judge (for various reasons this is the 1st time I've seen him) but just on that game I wasn't as convinced about Cox. Was he playing out of position? Because I thought he was a winger but too often he ended up challenging for balls in the middle of the field and - inevitably - just got flattened.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Screaming J said:
In a poor game yesterday Lynch in the 2nd half did - on a couple of occasions - act very cooly and bring the ball out of defence whilst under pressure (something Carlisle's forward did all game and which we had little answer to). I could appreciate that despite his inexperience he could be a prospect.

Maybe yesterday wasn't a good game to judge (for various reasons this is the 1st time I've seen him) but just on that game I wasn't as convinced about Cox. Was he playing out of position? Because I thought he was a winger but too often he ended up challenging for balls in the middle of the field and - inevitably - just got flattened.

Cox has been playing centrally recently. He can play anywhere across the middle. He's done well too because he's tenacious, gets involved and then attacks them.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Done for the first goal, gives away a penalty...off to Sunderland forwas it? Don't be silly.

We should sell him though if we have the chance - anything above 200k would be great business.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
He is class. Hence attracting attention from a host of higher league clubs.

Anyone who cannot appreciate that this lad oozes class needs their head examining.

Even the best defenders make the odd mistake. I think Lynch's laid back style just makes it look like his mistakes are out of laziness or lack of concentration which quite simply is not the case.

Why we can't all SUPPORT our good young players and be EXCITED about their development is beyond me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here