Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joel Lynch...overrated?

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
What makes the bloke such a 'prospect', other than his age and the fact that he's left footed.

He's not that good is he? Yet any scout watching us 'must be watching Lynch'.

I don't get it, his concentration seems to be worse than Rio Ferdinands (who gets abused), only he hasn't been punished so much for his mistakes. His tackling is inconsistent also.

Think he's overhyped

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Brighton M said:
What makes the bloke such a 'prospect', other than his age and the fact that he's left footed.

I don't get it, his concentration seems to be worse than Rio Ferdinands (who gets abused), only he hasn't been punished so much for his mistakes. His tackling is inconsistent also.

Think he's overhyped

Welcome Newbie.

Joel Lynch is superb, he reads the game so well. He always calm under pressure, a good tough tackler and his distribution is wonderful to watch.

To answer your question, Joel Lynch is not overrated.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Brighton M said:

Think he's overhyped

Er he is 18 and at times been outstanding for us.Inconsistent, probably due to the amount of games he has been invloved in already.Him and Cox have been the highlight to our season so far
Noticed in your profile Loft is your favorite player:lolol:

Last edited:

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Re: Re: Joel Lynch...overrated?

brightonfan_86 said:
Welcome Newbie.

Joel Lynch is superb, he reads the game so well. He always calm under pressure, a good tough tackler and his distribution is wonderful to watch.

To answer your question, Joel Lynch is not overrated.

Don't forget he also has the most important thing in football... PACE.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think the Lynch hype machine did somewhat go into overdrive after the first 3 or 4 games (and I was probably as guilty as many others). He's had some good, bad and indifferent performances this season, but he's a great prospect who is still learning his trade, and I'm happy to have him here. He's only going to get better.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Brighton M said:
Yet any scout watching us 'must be watching Lynch'.
Erm, yep. Maybe Cox too, but scouts have been flocking from all over to watch him from Championship and Premiership sides.

He has pace, reads the game well, he is assured both on and off the ball, he doesn't often go to ground, more often he simply takes the ball from his opponent, but when he does his tackling is good. He's made the odd mistake but he is clearly a superb prospect.

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
Easy 10 said:
I think the Lynch hype machine did somewhat go into overdrive after the first 3 or 4 games (and I was probably as guilty as many others). He's had some good, bad and indifferent performances this season, but he's a great prospect who is still learning his trade, and I'm happy to have him here. He's only going to get better.

yep, he's had good games and bad games.

I don't think he's a bad little player, but everyone on here seems to reckon he's Premiership bound, which i don't understand. Maybe Santos makes him look good:lolol:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Knightsworld said:
If he was, he would be worth millions to us.

Which is why its so important to hold onto him. 3 year contract, his value is only going to rise.

No stupid 20% sell-ons and 500k after x games. They'll swap him and play 1 game less than the amount needed to pay us!

WHEN we sell - it better be hard cash!

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Turkey said:
Which is why its so important to hold onto him. 3 year contract, his value is only going to rise.

No stupid 20% sell-ons and 500k after x games. They'll swap him and play 1 game less than the amount needed to pay us!

WHEN we sell - it better be hard cash!

Hard cash for the black hole i'm affraid

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
algie said:
Better than instalments for the black hole. We shouldn't sell for less than £1.5m. :)

Last edited:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
algie said:

I have no problem with that. The black hole money has to come from somewhere.

We've been getting by on big sales in recent years - Virgo etc. I just hope we can hold out on Lynch.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Brighton M said:
everyone on here seems to reckon he's Premiership bound, which i don't understand.
Well if CKR and Jarrett can get Premiership clubs, I guess ANYTHING is possible.

Gemini

Mar 3, 2006
I rate the kid but think hes better at left back at this stage of his career. Shame we aint got more fit options at centre half

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Gemini said:
I rate the kid but think hes better at left back at this stage of his career. Shame we aint got more fit options at centre half

I think he's much better at center back but I think we need him at left back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here