Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe Strummer

Jul 20, 2003
1 yr on from his untimely death, I for one will be toasting the great man this afternoon

joestrummer.jpg

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Indeed, I remember sitting in McDonalds in Churchill Square Mall and getting a text off my old man "Sorry Marc sad news, Joe Strummer died of a heartattack yesterday" - I sat there in silence and disbelief, totally shocked.
Wore my old mans Clash T-Shirt that evening.

Certainly a :drink: to the legend will be had tonight, he is still thoroughly missed, may he continue to R.I.P. punk:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I was in shock most of last year's Christmas eve. I remember playing all four sides of London calling one after the other (yes, I still have it on vinyl).

RIP Joe, you'll be long remembered.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
COMANDANTE JOE

I guess in quite a lot of ways I grew up just like you
A bolshy kid who didn’t think the way they told him to
You kicked over the statues, a roots rock rebel star
Who knew that punk was more than just the sound of a guitar
And I’ll always remember that night at the Rainbow
When you wrote a soundtrack for my life,
Comandante Joe.

So many bands back then were like too many bands today
A bunch of blokes who made a noise with bugger all to say
The Clash were always out in front, you put the rest to shame
Your words were calls to action, your music was a flame
You were our common Dante, and you raised an inferno
And you wrote a soundtrack for my life,
Comandante Joe.

Reggae in the Palais
Midnight till six!
Rockin’ Reds in Brockwell Park!
Sten guns in Knightsbridge!
Up and down the Westway
In and out the lights!
Clash City Rockers!
Know Your Rights!

I guess in quite a lot of ways I grew up just like you
A bolshy kid who didn’t think the way they told him to
Like you I always knew that words and music held the key
As you did for so many, you showed the way to me
Although I never met you, I’m so sad to see you go
‘Cos you wrote a soundtrack for my life,
Comandante Joe.

ATTILA THE STOCKBROKER
in memory of Joe Strummer 1952 – 2002

Its ironic that Joe who gave so much, inspired so many will get **** all OBE's etc but Mick Jagger etc get awards but for what? The ability to grow old ungracefully?

LC1:(

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Best Clash track?

White man in Hammersmith palais for me

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
Complete control, white man, Tommy Gun, straight to Hell, Rudie cant fail, safe european homes, the list could go on for ever. Just bought streetcore and coma girl is as good as anything he ever did. The Clash were the greatest band of all time and Joe was their heart, RIP Joe X

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
Well I don't think he's great man. I think that The Clash were and remain pure and utter crap. If the PC lefty brigade/in crowd on this forum don't like that then tough. That includes Attila the Commie.

Cue abuse, but I am as big an Albion fan on this forum as anyone else. I am also Right Wing so make a meal of that heroes! No doubt when you return to mummy and daddy's palatial pile and have grown out of trying to be shocking, you may grow up but I doubt it. When you are a professional earning loads you will still be extolling the virtuies of the "alternative".

RULE BRITANNIA!

:wave:

cheeseroll

Jul 5, 2003
Fragrant Harbour
Milton Keynes Seagull said:
Well I don't think he's great man. I think that The Clash were and remain pure and utter crap. If the PC lefty brigade/in crowd on this forum don't like that then tough. That includes Attila the Commie.

Cue abuse, but I am as big an Albion fan on this forum as anyone else. I am also Right Wing so make a meal of that heroes! No doubt when you return to mummy and daddy's palatial pile and have grown out of trying to be shocking, you may grow up but I doubt it. When you are a professional earning loads you will still be extolling the virtuies of the "alternative".

Well that was a rant and a half ! Somewhat disrepectful to the memory of the man we wished to remember. Dont really see your point to mention it here on this thread.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
cheeseroll said:
Well that was a rant and a half ! Somewhat disrepectful to the memory of the man we wished to remember. Dont really see your point to mention it here on this thread.

Irrelevant and self indulgent too,

back to the thread....

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Milton Keynes Seagull said:

RULE BRITANNIA!

:wave:

There speaks the Voice Of Milton Keynes :lolol:

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
My wife gave me the Streetcore cd for Christmas - Joe still had it in him. Only wish I had taken the chance to see The Mescaleros when I had a chance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here