Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe Gatting...

The Hitcher

I've got a mangina
Jan 28, 2008
Horsham
After browsing through a few posts about Joe Gatting, im just wondering why no one sees any potential in him, when he was in the youth team he was banging the goals in, more goals that jake scored at that level, yet when Robinson was promoted he was given a fair chance and although he scoring record is clearly insufficent people still seem to prefer him up front to others. Fair enough Gatting hasnt started well in the first team but surely he deserves to play more, baring in mind he is still young and inexperienced.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Probably he has nothing that looks like he could change a game, at least Robinson always has pace.

By all accounts he was pretty poor for woking aswell, 2 goals in 14 games doesn't really seem like someone we should be putting anywhere near our first team at this moment in time.

The Hitcher

I've got a mangina
Jan 28, 2008
Horsham
Probably he has nothing that looks like he could change a game, at least Robinson always has pace.

I see your point about his lack of pace comparitivly to Jake, however he is a different style of striker, i think we some time he could have the ability to hold the ball up and get on the end of crosses.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I see your point about his lack of pace comparitivly to Jake, however he is a different style of striker, i think we some time he could have the ability to hold the ball up and get on the end of crosses.

Indeed, but he didn't really look like he could hold up the ball very well when he played for us either. Probably a little early for him to be coming into the first team, needs to be shipped out to a league 2 club for a bit of experience.

Jan 29, 2008
Listen up, the Hitcher. Joe Gatting is a very average player with no star quality. I saw him in the youth games, the only reason he did well is that he bullied defender like a child who wanted his marbles back. He's only still in the squad because of his name. He does have a bright sporting future in cricket or playing non-league. He is not the player you think he is sunshine!!

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
To be honest my primary concern is his first touch. It is awful. He just loses the ball so we can't see much else.

The Hitcher

I've got a mangina
Jan 28, 2008
Horsham
Listen up, the Hitcher. Joe Gatting is a very average player with no star quality. I saw him in the youth games, the only reason he did well is that he bullied defender like a child who wanted his marbles back. He's only still in the squad because of his name. He does have a bright sporting future in cricket or playing non-league. He is not the player you think he is sunshine!!

You only saw him at chelsea youth game, with me, when he scored against your team, twice wasn't it?

Yeh he should be loaned out, however i do believe he can bring something to our team, and shouldn't be released as some people have mentioned.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have always liked gatting.

I think when he got decent support and didnt have the balls hammered at him at 100 miles an hour he showed a good turn of pace and control.

Problem is he was brought in too soon to a team struggling!!!

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I was full of hope when he came in what two seasons ago was it but he showed nothing to make me think he was anything special and in the brief glimpses I have had since he appears lumbering. Perhaps loan him to a league 2 club for a month or so and see what transpires

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
gatting is a poacher in the six yard box - he does well in successful teams as he gets onto the end of the chances they create

i really dont know if he is good enough to be playing for us though. the woking loan spell obviously wasn't very good, but i dont recall hammond setting the world alight at aldershot or orient.

as richie said, the only way to find out is to give him a run of games at this level with a decent partner, which he would now have

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
instead of who Forster, Murray

we know they are both going to be first choice players. however, once we have attained our mid table finish with nothing to play for, what is the harm in giving gatting a run in the team and finding out IF he is good enough? if he is not, then we know to get rid. if he is, then we have another option to play in attack for next season

Id realllllly reeeeeeaaaaaalllly like him to come to Worthing on-loan.

For the pure fact we need a striker because atm we play 4 defenders then a 6 man midfield with no striker which is why we have no wins since December 15th

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
I think there will be more prospects for Gatting now. For me Jake has moved to Midfield, that's that.

Last year we had:
Forster
Revell
Robinson
Savage
Gatting
Elder

Now we have:
Forster
Murrary
Dixon (soon)
Gatting