Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe Gatting - what next ?

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
It would appear Joe Gatting's opportunities this season are going to be extremely limited, I wonder if he has any future at the Albion? I just don't see him as a midfielder and it would appear he will not get much of a chance to prove he can score goals at this level.

Should we loan him out as I still think he has good potential and shows some nice touches even when not scoring?

_41560224_joegatting_getty203.jpg

*Gatting - potential.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
loan him - players of his ilk never really mature until their early to mid twenties. like most centre forwards. The fact that he scored goals last year in his first full season if proof that he can cut it at this level...Just needs more games under his belt and some confidence.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I think he has the makings of a good goal poacher. He seems to be a clever player and has a good footballing mind. I agree that he should be loaned out to get a decent run of games and hopefully build up his confidence. He will only ever be a bit player this season and I would rather he got a decent amount of games under his belt.

larus

I think he has the makings of a good goal poacher. He seems to be a clever player and has a good footballing mind. I agree that he should be loaned out to get a decent run of games and hopefully build up his confidence. He will only ever be a bit player this season and I would rather he got a decent amount of games under his belt.

Can't argue with that.

Too many fans expect us to be unearthing Owens and Rooneys. I'm sure he has got enough about him to make it, and would like him to be given the opportunity at some time, but I feel that regular football in a conference team would really help him.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I think he has the potential to be a good goalscorer at this level. He just needs a run in the team.

Spot on. If he's going to play he needs to start games not be lambasted by our morons when he's brought on to change a game with 5 minutes left.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don;t rate him. I think he;ll struggle to bridge the gap from youth/reserve to first team and make an impact in League football. He needs to find an aggressive streak from somewhere, he just doesn;t look gutsy or determined enough to me. He;s not got a great touch, not particuarly adept at holding it up, not especially powerful in the air. Not much in the way of movement either. I expect to see young players busting a gut to make an impact when they get their chance in the 1st team, but I certainly didn;t see that from Gatting. Loan him out by all means, perhaps when he fills out a bit he;ll start putting himself about a bit more. But at the moment, he looks like another McPhee.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That's whack out of order Easy. Gatting's no world-beater, but he's no Chris McPhee.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just my opinion Mr Kraay. I think he;s well below average. Hope he proves me totally wrong this season, but up until now, I;ve seen precious little from Gatting to convince me he;s got what it takes.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
As most are saying, loaning him out is the best option...

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I've heard from a good source this morning that a loan is on the cards.

And not as far down the pyramid as people are suggesting.

Hope it goes well for him.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He is just the latest in a line of very average home grown strikers.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
How about we leave the KID alone.

Loan him then come back Gatts and score more than you did last season which was not a bad return at all.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Gatting is not going to beat players or nail them in from outside the box.

But then neither did the likes of Gary Linekar.

What we need is a penalty box striker who can hang around the danger zone and poach a few goals.

Gatting fits this bill.

He just needs more than 10 minutes as a sub.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Just my opinion Mr Kraay. I think he;s well below average. Hope he proves me totally wrong this season, but up until now, I;ve seen precious little from Gatting to convince me he;s got what it takes.

Sadly, I agree. But I sincerely hope to be proved wrong!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well if he;s being loaned out, I hope its to a League club at the very least. He;s not going to learn an awful lot turning out for a County League team is he.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
funny really, I can remember a fair few of you saying that he was going to be the best thing since sliced bread and yet those same few are now slagging him off. For christ's sake, he is still only 19 and yet people are expecting f*cking miracles!!!

How can anyone on here say that they can judge how good a player is going to be 5 years from now just from a handful of games?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here