Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe Gatting - Excellent

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
First time I've seen the gattmeister play. I was impressed. Fouht hard, held the ball up well and held off the defenders well. And scored. Going on that performance I don't know why so many people have been slating the lad.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
looked good, was looking for the ball and held it up very well shame the midfield were not getting up to support. Think the goal will lead to some confidence and can seem him scoring quite a few from the bench

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I thought he did well and must be pushing for a starting place now. Although reckon he'd be best used as yesterday in a 4-3-3 with Revell and Robinson beside.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Joe Gatting - Slow

It's sometimes a good thing to hold the ball up, but not when it's because you haven't got a clue what else to do with it. Slow and ponderous, looks more than a tad overweight, and I remain to be impressed. One goal doesn't change a thing. Flame away, but not everybody needs half a season to properly judge a player. Sussed out Doug Loft in about ten minutes flat ;)

Last edited:

Oct 25, 2003
here's my two CENTS:

gatting is too SLOW to be a "robinson" type striker

gatting is too SMALL to be a "revell" type striker

gatting doesn't have the KILLER INSTICT to be a "fox in the box" type striker

his only hope is that he gains a bit of killer instict or i'm afraid he is destined for lower league football

infact, i'd LOVE it if he went back into cricket, as he is a FANTASTIC cricketer

(he's a bloody nice kid aswell)

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
he scored loads in the youth and reserve games and I think given a chance he will go on and show he will score at this level. Less than a season of pro football and yet the wisdom of NSC has decided he dosn't deserve to kick a ball ever again. Personally I will go with Wilkins judgement over people on here.

God help the next forward to come up through the youth ranks

Oct 25, 2003
i personally think he was rushed into the team last year(didn't mcghee play him upfront by HIMSELF?), and it seems to have stunted his development

i'm happy to give him a couple of years, he's only 18

it took the likes of robinson, virgo, hammond YEARS to establish themselves

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Rookie said:
God help the next forward to come up through the youth ranks

That will be Gargan. Fortunately he will not need assitance from above, as the boy is CLASS. He will, obviously, get an initial pasting from the NSC cognescenti. :)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Well done Joe, lets hope we see your full potential as a Brighton player.:clap:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Jim in the West said:
That will be Gargan. Fortunately he will not need assitance from above, as the boy is CLASS. He will, obviously, get an initial pasting from the NSC cognescenti. :)

The NSC cognescenti* are NEVER wrong :smokin:

* apart from, maybe, over the spelling of the word 'cognescenti' which is as much of a bugger to spell as the word 'whingeing' - tho you'd think we'd at least have got THAT one right by now... :lol:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here