Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe Corrigan - Was he good or past it ??

Spunk Bubble

Feb 21, 2007
Sunday afternoon. Bored. Like to know your views on Big Joe for the one season he had with us:albion:

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Superb - apart from his debut game when letting in a comic goal and I'm not sure he was on top of his game when we conceded 5 or 6 in the second half at Pompey.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Since1982 said:
Superb - apart from his debut game when letting in a comic goal and I'm not sure he was on top of his game when we conceded 5 or 6 in the second half at Pompey.

I'm not sure either were his fault entirely. There was a cock up in the first game but I thought it was more a question of him and the defenders not being used to each other. And at Pompey the blame ought to rest on the shoulders of Willie Young.

Now he WAS past it when we got him.

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
Screaming J said:
I'm not sure either were his fault entirely. There was a cock up in the first game but I thought it was more a question of him and the defenders not being used to each other. And at Pompey the blame ought to rest on the shoulders of Willie Young.

Now he WAS past it when we got him.

Past it .................. He was never in it, on it or with it.

At Arsenal or anywhere else. Crap centre half wasn`t he.

Corrigan was still pretty good but did carry about 8 stone too much weight if I remember right.

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
H block said:
Past it .................. He was never in it, on it or with it.

At Arsenal or anywhere else. Crap centre half wasn`t he.

What? I thought he was ok.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Willie Young, of course. Totally past it by the time he arrived with us. Wasn't there an Argus headline of "The Young Ones" when we played Willie, Eric and....who was the third?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Since1982 said:
Willie Young, of course. Totally past it by the time he arrived with us. Wasn't there an Argus headline of "The Young Ones" when we played Willie, Eric and....who was the third?
alan?

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Alan, yes. So is he the only one of the three who didn't win an FA Cup winners medal as I think Willie do while at Arsenal and Eric did when he went to Wimbledon.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Enjoyed a pint or three on a Sunday night in Rottingdean - nice fella

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
When we beat Liverpool 2-0 at the Goldstone in the Cup he was like a man possessed, certainly by far and and above the best performance by any Albion keeper I've seen.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
His time at the Albion summed up the way the club was being run at the time.
Joe received an alleged £300 a week from the cash strapped Albion, but also got another £300 a week from John Campbells off shore company in Nigeria, something which Chris Cattlin knew nothing about.
Ipswich Town were interested in him and Cat told Bobby Ferguson the then Town boss how much Big Joe was on, Joe went up to Portman Road for talks and a short time after Cat got an irate call from East Anglia along the lines of "Are you taking the piss or what, he's on double what you said"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here