Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe Bennett

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Early days but he looked more dynamic than Ward to me. It will be interesting to see how he gets on against a decent winger though as the Bolton right wingback was hopeless.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Very good debut, looked a tad nervous at first but settled quickly. We seem to do alright with these loanees don't we!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Was nervous as I stated on other thread as Villa & Boro fans were slating him but I think he was excellent & certainly won't be as bad as they were making out - can see that already!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was very pleased with his performance today.

Regarding him being "left footed" That's how I like my left full backs/wing backs to be.

Guess I'm Old School.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Had very good ball control in close at his feet, was excellent to see him move in and out of a few Bolton players on the by-line and then look up and place a perfect pass!

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Very impressive debut. His first touch was different class. I genuinely don't think he misplaced or miss controlled one ball.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
He struggled against their right-back, but seems to fit well into the grid. Apparently he is a good crosser of the ball. Didn't really get a proper chance to see his tackling prowess.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thought he did well, but I also thought that Chicksen looked easily as good when he came on.

Chicksen looks to have moved on is a very positive manor since his arrival, next season he will own right back and may get quite a few games this season.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Also could be a valuable addition to the Dickensian Sounding Footballers' XI. Young Joe Bennett, the 'umble local blacksmith's apprentice, I fancy.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Very impressed with Bennett yesterday. Don't understand the struggled defensively comment as I don't think he was tested. Right back position looked much more concerning with both Calde and Bruno struggling a bit defensively.

Bennett looked very good going forward though and can only get better with more matches. Looks like we may have pulled another impressive loan left back out of the hat!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here