Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jobs

Mar 13, 2008
Just been turned down for another 2.
Starting to think it is pointless.

:(

TBF I should have started looking ages ago.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Hang in there dude, I've been offered three this week after a dry spell, be patient although I know this is not the best time of year to be short of cash.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Nah, keep it going. It's always quiet this time of year. It'll pick up in mid-Jan again when the recruitment wallahs start to drift back from skiing/Tenerife.

To be fair a lot of them can't afford to go abroad this Christmas thanks to the current situation.

CoCoa

Dec 18, 2007

It's not pointless, just boring, time consuming and depressing at times, but don't give up.

don't let the bastards grind you down!

1066gull

Its f***ing shit I know mate! I've given up until January 2009, and will start again with all the advice and help I have given and to sign up for temporary work or work experience in a broadcasting, television, film company.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Have you thought about agency work? I have got lots of full time jobs this way in the past.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Nah, keep it going. It's always quiet this time of year. It'll pick up in mid-Jan again when the recruitment wallahs start to drift back from skiing/Tenerife.

Don't hold out for that.Jan -march is terrible.

Mar 13, 2008
Just opened a letter turning me down for the third today.

Thing is I am at college so I cant go for any full time work. So I am restricted in what kind of jobs I cant apply for.

The main problem with not having a job now is when I apply for one in the future I will be held back by lack of experience. I have never had a job of any kind.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just opened a letter turning me down for the third today.

Thing is I am at college so I cant go for any full time work. So I am restricted in what kind of jobs I cant apply for.

The main problem with not having a job now is when I apply for one in the future I will be held back by lack of experience. I have never had a job of any kind.

Something will turn, just as you think the worst something really good happens.

And don't lose your self-belief you have many great years ahead of you.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
got layed off untill the spring in the new year at shoreham harbour bit gutted as i loved the job , luky that i was a chef before and my old boss took me back on the same day full time which i owe them big time for and for the time being i will work the harbour part time when the ships come in not sure what i will do when things pick up again because i had a good crack back in the kitchen

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Never not had a job but i can imagine the whole process of interview we will let you know then the sorry but phone call can be down right devastating,i guess the only answer is to keep plodding on,.

Footnote i occassionaly browse the situations vacant and up until last year there always seemed to be plenty of bar work going,when i look now theres hardly nothing,seems the fantastic idea of banning smoking in pubs and public places has probably put a nail in the coffin of many a business,so jolly well done all those who know whats best for us Mps

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
I'm looking for a new job at the moment and finsing it tough.

Luckily im already employed so im getting money, but I don't want to be stuck as a Kitchen Porter for another year.

When I was unemployed in July/August I found it very hard to find employment, but luckily someone had left where I had left in May and they employed me straight away.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Problem is at the moment, companies can cherry pick and it is harder what with the credit crunch and redundancies, alot of highly skilled people loooking for work...good luck and just sell yourself

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Took the leap 18 months ago to leave my permanent job and go contracting (IT Project Management). Money is great while you're working. I stopped in May to coach cricket during the summer (doesn't pay the mortgage) but since Oct I've been looking hard for my next contract without success.

Things are definately tougher at the moment for job hunters. Need to find somthing in the new year as savings are getting used up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here