Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jobs for a 16 year old?

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
I've just left school and have a long holiday ahead of me with not that much to do. Can anyone suggest some part time jobs they might of done when they were my age or any suggestions. I no lots of employers want some experience - that I do not have. Just want it for the money really.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Football in the park is a job Snoobs ;)

Oct 25, 2003
most supermarkets will take a 16-year old (including smaller convenience store type ones)....i worked at alldays (as it was then) at the 7 dials

just try tesco/sainsbury or something (do NOT work for co-op)

and i believe that aldi/lidl are excellent to their staff and pay more than other chains

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Jobs in shops are probably a winner. I worked in WH Smith in Brighton Station when I was that age. Just prove to the shop manager that you are hard-working, are not going to bunk off "sick" when you're either going out or hungover, and won't rob the till. You ought to WALK in to the many retail jobs that exist in Brighton and Hove.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
During Uni holidays, I was a beach cleaner. Swan about with some pincers.

Not as bad as it sounds. Wandering along Brighton seafront in the sunshine and quite well paid.

I used to have the Hove Lagoon run, so I would walk from The Palace Pier to the Lagoon and read a book in the sunshine for a few hours and then make my way back.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Another option is working with the foreign students which come over for the summer, may be no vacanices now though.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
I worked in the Fish and Chip shop between Fortune of War and The Belvedere (Not sure what it's called now..?) in my summer breaks, great for watching and chatting up birds, going to pub after work with older work mates - quality behaviour for a wide eyed 15/16 year old. :thumbsup:

What wasn't so quality was working for £1 an hour, but if you recognise the Belvedere name, then you also know it wasn't recently..

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Snoobs cant get it up, let alone be a rent boy!:):lol:

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
I had job pulling dead fish out of a reservoir. Spent much of the day drifting aimlessly ina small vessel

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Why not just sit on your arse, and wait for everything to come to you?

You really deserve to be given a stack of hard cash and a house to live in.

If you're not, shout nasty things about Gordon Brown, and [when you're old enough] vote that lovely genuine Mr Cameron in. :thumbsup:

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Why not just sit on your arse, and wait for everything to come to you?

You really deserve to be given a stack of hard cash and a house to live in.

If you're not, shout nasty things about Gordon Brown, and [when you're old enough] vote that lovely genuine Mr Cameron in. :thumbsup:

Are you me? ???

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I worked in McDonalds in Churchill Square when I was that age, only for 3 months though, any longer and I probably would have been pushing for a management role

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here