Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Job Agencies

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You might want to use spell check while you look for a job, might give a better impression :jester:

poke

Oct 19, 2003
kinkygerbil said:
is it perm?

yeah, but i applied to them from an advert in the paper. I've heard of loads of people who have given there cv's in a not heard anything tho.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
You wanna try living Crawley way. I handed my CV into about 3 agencies a few weeks ago and the phone hasn't stopped ringing. I got a job the very next day and yet the rest of them won't give up looking, trying to find something better.

It's ridiculous how some places have all the jobs but are shit to live in whereas somewhere great to live is devoid of significant earning potential

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Bluejuice said:
It's ridiculous how some places have all the jobs but are shit to live in whereas somewhere great to live is devoid of significant earning potential

Not really. It makes perfect sense, as this graph illustrates:

wage_t3.gif

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bluejuice said:
Er....

What does that mean?

Yes explain this please

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Employers find it easier to fill jobs in "desirable" locations because there's a higher supply of, and flexibility of labour. So there are fewer jobs.

In places such as Crawley there's a lower supply of labour cos people are less transient (there are fewer students there for example)... therefore it's easier to get a job.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Good call Clown, but I don't wanna commute to creepy Crawley, it blows.

Stoopid inbred incapable Crawley folk, because they're all so inept the agencies there are fighting over my services. I guess I'm just gonna be a mercenary about it and accept the highest bidder. I've already been offered way higher than I've ever earned before.

But I do have to pay the price of spending time in Crawley.

<shudder>

BenElton'sBrother

Nov 30, 2003
Hove
My girlfriend was with Addeco, they're wankers. my advice, stay well clear of them! as for any of the others, dont know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here