Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Job agencies = easy money and no responsibility for employees

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
My brother managed to get a job through a job agency.

Today the paperwork turned up. Looking through the terms and conditions it seems that the job agency voids itself of anything to do with the health and safety of the agency worker.

Now the agency are employing people so it should it not be their responsibility to ensure the health and safety of these individuals, because if they dont who does?

Secondly it is a requirment of health and safety that employers provide safety boots.

My brother has been told to buy safety boots. Is this again not the responsibility of the Agency again?

Whenever I have worked for companies they have always provided safety boots.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
FRANK! NSC NEEDS YOU!

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
adrian29uk said:
My brother managed to get a job through a job agency.

Today the paperwork turned up. Looking through the terms and conditions it seems that the job agency voids itself of anything to do with the health and safety of the agency worker.

Now the agency are employing people so it should it not be their responsibility to ensure the health and safety of these individuals, because if they dont who does?

Secondly it is a requirment of health and safety that employers provide safety boots.

My brother has been told to buy safety boots. Is this again not the responsibility of the Agency again?

Whenever I have worked for companies they have always provided safety boots.

Most probably the company that employs the agency will have to sign a contract saying that they are responsible for the health and safety. HSE wouldn't allow it otherwise. Is it actually a reuirement to provide saftey boots free of charge or is it a requirement to wear them? In terms of HSE requirements i would think it would be the latter

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
I just need clarification. Becuase I think he is entitled for a small fee from the goverment of about £50-60 to pay for these.

I got this fee before when I worked in Engineering.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Re: Re: Job agencies = easy money and no responsibility for employees

Hatterlovesbrighton said:
Most probably the company that employs the agency will have to sign a contract saying that they are responsible for the health and safety. HSE wouldn't allow it otherwise. Is it actually a reuirement to provide saftey boots free of charge or is it a requirement to wear them? In terms of HSE requirements i would think it would be the latter

Thats what I thought.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Cant see why the agency would be duty bound to proivde equipment for the job in question. Its like saying if I got an office job through them they should provide my stationary.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here