Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joao Teixeira

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
My mate runs a hair salon in Liverpool and cuts various players hair. Anyway about two weeks ago Tex came in for a hair cut and he mentioned in conversation how much he had enjoyed playing for Brighton. Of course I said, "you should have asked him if he wants to go back!?" but regardless of whether he does or doesn't just thought I would let you know that Tex still has fond memories of playing for the Albion.

Good to hear Dave. It's weird because someone on another thread was trying to say he hated his time here - not sure where it was but I remember querying it at the time...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If we signed Tex I would play 4 across the back with Kayal and Stephens in front and Tex in front of them just behind Hemed and Wilson with Murphy floating either side of him wide. That will give us greater attacking options with both Kayal and Stephens able to defend when needed.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
If we signed Tex I would play 4 across the back with Kayal and Stephens in front and Tex in front of them just behind Hemed and Wilson with Murphy floating either side of him wide. That will give us greater attacking options with both Kayal and Stephens able to defend when needed.

4-2-3-1 then, I wouldn't we're better at 4-4-2.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
4222, like Sami played,

Though his was more 2422 or even 2242

Or was it 41221?

Bit of it all iirc

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No its not it is Kayal and Stephens in front of the back four with Tex in front of them linking them and the front 2.

That's 4212. Are you proposing we play with two goalies?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You gave missed DS goalkeeper and Morphy floating between wings By floating I mean attack the left back and then move over if not working and attack the right back and continually switching as best suited.

Normally I agree with your posts, BG, but I'm sorry, I find this one a bit incomprehensible :lolol:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Didnt Crofts play BEHIND Kayal and Stephens in front of the back four.against Wolves

Not really. He played right midfield but tucked in a little, he was pretty much in a holding position but wasn't stuck to the back 4 like a Bridcutt. Stephens and Kayal were just as deep as him most of the time. He made little or no runs down the flank but rather took up a position for Bruno to overlap. What we needed was Solly March against Wolves, not Crofts.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
..but Murphy is rubbish!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Personally I do not see us signing Tex and if we did it would be instead of Wilson in the line up and I was just trying to accomodate him to please those who wanted to sign him.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

That actually makes sense. Not that I would want Teixeira as he loses the ball too often.

I would want a left sided playmaker midfielder who can keep hold of the ball, find the one winger (or striker going wide on the opposite side), and who could cover on our left side as well, Tex is right footed. A pity Forster-Caskey is proving too lightweight.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
You gave missed DS goalkeeper and Morphy floating between wings By floating I mean attack the left back and then move over if not working and attack the right back and continually switching as best suited.

Whose going to help our full back on the opposing wing when we inevitably lose the ball?

Does Murphy just leg it across the pitch frantically? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here