Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Joao Pedro - How good is he?..

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Real Madrid would (and probably will) take Haaland. That's even more the kind of player they would sign.

Pedro to Citeh, then?!
I can't see Haaland leaving Citeh.

At Citeh he can touch the ball 5 times in a game, scoring twice, and everyone is happy. Everyone knows.

Elsewhere, if he goes a couple of games without scoring (because he's not been fed properly) and hardly touched the ball in those games (which is how he plays), he'll go the way of Lukaku.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

Yeh, good chance he won't start the game against Ipswich, but there is likely to be some rotation in that forward line anyway, once we start to integrate new players.

I think Joao Pedro's call up is fantastic news. A huge source of pride for the club if one of our players can lead the line wearing such an iconic football shirt.

My personal view is that after 5 mins in training the Brazil Head Coach will be secretly glad the other fella got injured

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Thats the the problem with this squad, lack of options in the forward positions
I'll resist the urge to feel complacent about it, though, until they reach the end of the international break unscathed.

Mitoma, Minteh, Joao Pedro, Adingra, Ferguson and Rutter are ALL away on International duty, leaving only Welbeck and Gruda here (and he's only left behind because of injury).

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Has anyone got the clip at Arsenal where JP swerves his body and leaves the defender for dead?
It was around the halfway line in front of the technical area.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I'll resist the urge to feel complacent about it, though, until they reach the end of the international break unscathed.
Mitoma, Minteh, Joao Pedro, Adingra, Ferguson and Rutter are ALL away on International duty, leaving only Welbeck and Gruda here (and he's only left behind because of injury).
Do Ipswich have many players on international duty?

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Pedro should be back Thursday morning so no reason he shouldn't play , he's not an old man
With a private flight departing around midnight he's not going to be back in Sussex until late on Thursday, having spent the best part of 18 hours sitting/laying in vehicles and a plane.
I will be very surprised if our medical team will approve him starting.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Do Ipswich have many players on international duty?
I don't know who has gone, but they do have a number of internationals.

Their best attacker is Omari Hutchinson, who was named in the England U21 squad, but has returned to Ipswich for 'medical assessment'. Most chat seems to be that it is only precautionary.

The others I can think of are Sam Morsy (Egypt), Liam Delap (England U21), Massimo Luongo (Australia), Chedozie Ogbene and Sammie Szmodics (both Ireland), Ali AlHamadi (Iraq). There's probably others.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I don't know who has gone, but they do have a number of internationals.

Their best attacker is Omari Hutchinson, who was named in the England U21 squad, but has returned to Ipswich for 'medical assessment'. Most chat seems to be that it is only precautionary.

The others I can think of are Sam Morsy (Egypt), Liam Delap (England U21), Massimo Luongo (Australia), Chedozie Ogbene and Sammie Szmodics (both Ireland), Ali AlHamadi (Iraq). There's probably others.
Cajuste for Sweden and then their goalie is... Kosovian or Bosnian or something and probably going.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What am I missing here . Match finishes 3.30am wed. He's on a flight say 8am UK time wed. Back wed night / Thur morning?
You're right (y)

I'd read 1.30am Wednesday as being 'Wednesday night / Thursday morning' - which obviously it is not.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
It’s still a bit of a stretch for him but his private jet looked comfy so expect he can sleep well on it.
Yer I see the match is 8.30pm local time so might be a bit ambitious to have an airport open at say 2am. But worse case he should be on a plane 7am / 12pm UK time. Back very early Thursday. A full day to recover back training Friday morning !! Also bear in mind he probably will only be a sub.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here