Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Joao Pedro - How good is he?..

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
You’re technically correct (ie Pedro is his second christian name) but even the AlbionTV commentator is using ‘Pedro’ now. As others are saying it’s just a brevity/simplicity thing.
See also JC's commentary from his goal against Manchester United...

"PEDROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Thinking of Wolves game… who is JP’s cover now?

Ok, Big Ferg - IF fit.

Who else?

(Welbz won’t play cup, surely?)
Michael Owen seen outside the ground as emergency cover. SINGING as a free agent.

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
We need to enjoy him this season, because he won't be here next. Hopefully he bags another 20 goals for us this season and then goes for north of £100m and Even Ferguson is ready to inherit the number 9 shirt and take over the goal scoring burden. If not, we'll go and get ourselves another striker.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Feels like exactly the kind of player that Real Madrid would sign, that's how good he is and can be. Hope we get to enjoy him for a while but he seems destined for big things
Real Madrid would (and probably will) take Haaland. That's even more the kind of player they would sign.

Pedro to Citeh, then?!

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
I am very surprised City didn't come and get him this summer - I assume it's because they want to take a look at him in a second season for us before making the decision. He does seem ideally suited to them, given how they used Alvarez last season. You know Haaland is the number 9, but Joao Pedro plays as much off the left or off a striker as through the middle.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Algorithm was 100% right about Joao, and to get him by paying a release clause meant we probably got him under his true value. He will be our record sale next summer for sure, assuming there's nothing in his contract to preclude holding out for a massive fee.
Now I like him, think he will be a great player. But for him to go for more than £115 million would need an absolutely incredible season, I just don't see it. There's not enough teams out there with that sort of money anymore.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The fact that he hasn't been called up for Brazil is a surprise to me. Hurzeler referenced it in a most match interview that he was disappointed not to be nominated. If he keeps knocking on the door he surely can't be ignored much longer. I want Brighton players to see that they can get picked for their national team despite not playing for a traditional powerhouse

Brazil seem to be well stocked in wide attacking positions, Rodrygo, Vinicius, Savinho. But in the central positions? Do they really have 3 or 4 better than him that he can't make the squad? Endrick, obviously a massive talent at 18. Not sure there are any others playing in a decent league scoring goals and playing well against top class opponents. Neymar is presumably miles off getting fit and up to that level. Richarlison and Anthony not featuring and not contributing
This is interesting and my guess is that your concern is misplaced. I suspect we are seen in a similar way to RB Leipzig or Atalanta these days, or will be if we reach Europe one or two more times. I.e. not a traditional powerhouse but certainly big enough to attract players of sufficient quality that national team managers wouldn't ignore them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here