Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Joao Pedro Brazilian Maestro

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
If any of this is true then if Pedro then wants it , chances are it happens.

Losing him and Gross this summer would be flucking schit

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I really would like to see us keep our top players for two years before cashing in. It would give us overlap from year to year and might allow us to really have a go with the big boys. It could also increase their value further if all went well.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If any of this is true then if Pedro then wants it , chances are it happens.

Losing him and Gross this summer would be a tad off putting.
I think you can sleep easy.

The source is extremely poor despite the BBC gossip column picking it up.

The article is poorly written and points to the possibility that Pedro’s name was mentioned as a possible target for Arsenal. In reality, I suspect all the Big Six have Pedro on their radars. One will go after him eventually but with the sort of money Arsenal spent on Rice last year (and a bunch of other players) I have absolutely no concern that they are coming after him this summer.

Arsenal will take Toney instead on the 31st August, the date they believe he’ll be at his cheapest due to his contract running out in 10 months.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I think you can sleep easy.

The source is extremely poor despite the BBC gossip column picking it up.

The article is poorly written and points to the possibility that Pedro’s name was mentioned as a possible target for Arsenal. In reality, I suspect all the Big Six have Pedro on their radars. One will go after him eventually but with the sort of money Arsenal spent on Rice last year (and a bunch of other players) I have absolutely no concern that they are coming after him this summer.

Arsenal will take Toney instead on the 31st August, the date they believe he’ll be at his cheapest due to his contract running out in 10 months.
Precisely. Terrible source.
Plus Toney is potentially available for £20-30m, late in the window. The big 6 know that Pedro would be a very expensive option due to his contractual situation.
Plus from our perspective, why sell now?
Better to keep him for at least another season. Keep him fit and if he scores 20 goals he’ll be a £100m player.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Because its easy to score from penalties and difficult to score elsewhere. Graham Alexander is one of the GOAT penalty takers of all time but that didn't make him a top PL striker.

What does your emotions have to do with this deal being "ridiculous" or not? Neither Arsenal or Tony are going to give a shit about that when negotiating a transfer.
If we did sell him for £50mill who would you replace him with that warrants an upgrade and doesn't break the bank?

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
If we did sell him for £50mill who would you replace him with that warrants an upgrade and doesn't break the bank?
Good question, didn't really have any real look at Brighton-compatible strikers this summer as I assumed none would be signed. Lets look at it if this transfer rumour turns a bit more meaty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here