Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jimmy Saville - Discuss

I'm looking forward to seeing his stint in BB as he is a complete enigma. All that is really known about his personal life is his interview with Louis Theroux - and that created more questions than answers.

What is the general perception? Straight or Gay? Nice or nasty? Sane or strange?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Now then, now then, as it 'appens

TonyYeboah

Jan 12, 2006
Sir James is a legend up t'noorth in t'Yorkshire!

He fixed it for us at Highbury a few seasons ago when we won 3-2 to stay up! Unfortunatley, he didn't do it the following season.

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
I just remember being so, so jealous when he introduced that girl to ABBA. :( :blush:

I'm into Queen, Erasure & The Pet Shop Boys now, though :blush:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Straight, loads of women.
Does magnificent work in Leeds Infirmary working as a porter and cheering up staff and patients.
Generous

Eccentric.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Necrophiliac

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
In his 80's. He just left school near the end of the war (14 in those days) and was a Bevan boy down the pits.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
TonyYeboah said:
Sir James is a legend up t'noorth in t'Yorkshire!

He fixed it for us at Highbury a few seasons ago when we won 3-2 to stay up! Unfortunatley, he didn't do it the following season.

as a yorkshire man can i say i cannot stand mr saville. i find him a bit creepy. i used to think he was great when i was a kid. but then who wouldnt. he fixed things for kids.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Let's not go all revisionist on this issue - the guy is a 24 carat total weirdo. I don't need to have been a family friend for 80 years to know that. It's plain for all to see.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Yorkie said:
In his 80's. He just left school near the end of the war (14 in those days) and was a Bevan boy down the pits.

He was born in 1926, is actually 79 at the moment, and will be 80 this year,
Born in Leeds in 1926, Jimmy Savile was the eldest of 7 children. His first job at 14 was as a coalface worker, then scrap metal seller. He used to all-in wrestle two nights a week. His first taste of the 'pop' industry was as an assistant manager for Leeds Locarno (Mecca Club). He later shot to fame on Radio Luxembourg in the 1960's with shows Teen and Twenty Disc Club, and Guys Gals and Groups. He was voted top British disc jockey for several years in that decade, by various magazines.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
The Great Cornholio said:
I'm looking forward to seeing his stint in BB as he is a complete enigma. All that is really known about his personal life is his interview with Louis Theroux - and that created more questions than answers.

What is the general perception? Straight or Gay? Nice or nasty? Sane or strange?

I'm straight, nice and totally insane.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
A lecherous old slimebag,

so at least he seems to be in control of all his faculties.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Ahem...it is widely rumoured that he shags dead people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here