Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jimmy Page

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
I know JP's managers, i'll check this.

Robert Plant, on the Chris Evans Show, earlier announced, whilst talking about Wolves, that Jimmy Page supports Brighton. Never knew that. Just thought you might be interested!!:thumbsup:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Funny how little nuggets like this come out - I always thought this Jimmy Page link was common knowledge but clearly not!

Does anyone know if Nigel Kennedy, Mark Williams, Jim Rosenthal and Chris Ellison still count us as their 'second team'?

Chris Ellison's first team is Brighton (as in he doesn't really support anyone else, rather than he supported the Albion first before anyone else). The Albion is Mark Williams' second team (Aston Villa is his first).

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Typical NSC, what a bunch of cynics you (we) are. Some bloke, on national radio, announces that (one of) his closest friends supports a particular football team (he didn't say how big a fan he is). Within hours people on here (who don't know either guy personally (to my knowledge)) are on here saying "no he supports blah blah" or I" think he was only joking" or "lets get him involved with the club". Not every Brighton fan goes to the games. Just on occasions why can't we take things at face value.

I don't need to "know either guy personally" to tell that what was actually said *sounded* like a joke.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Chris Ellison's first team is Brighton (as in he doesn't really support anyone else, rather than he supported the Albion first before anyone else). The Albion is Mark Williams' second team (Aston Villa is his first).

Chris does not support any team now, following the world cup h was so disappointed with the lack of "football" he has fallen out of love of the game and doesn't even watch it on TV anymore.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing

Hmm..I overheard Chris at a charity do say that he had split loyalties.. can't recall whether it wa Millwall or Charlton (alongside Albion) though.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Never heard this one before. Page has been sighted in the Evening Star once, but I think thats about it in the seen around Brighton stakes. Never been spotted at football, very much Percy's thing. (Wolves and Kidderminster)

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
With regard to the comment sounding like a joke, that was the tone of the whole show. I was only pointing out what was said and he did come straight out with it, he could have said Man U!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I remember seeing Chris Ellison in the club shop at the Goldstone getting tix for Sheff Wed away circa 90-91.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
I would LOVE for this to be true. One of the finest guitarists I've ever laid my ears on.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Jimmy Page visited the Goldstone in the late 70's. My late Father was lucky enough to be in the club shop at the same time. And yes he is a fan and has a property in Sussex still.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
He lived in East Grinsted a few years ago, think he still does. Last saw him at Brixton in 2008 at a Sex Pistols gig :thumbsup:

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
This from Jimmy's people:

I asked JP whether it is indeed true that he is a fan and he said that whilst he had been to an Albion game when he lived in the area, he was not a football fan in general!

So there you have it, probably won't be seeing him at the AMEX then.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
That's a shame. He could've swung by & enjoyed a Whole Lotta Prawns.

Feb 14, 2010
really, I didnt see him against York on the pitch, or at the darlington walk out game, or hear any support during the troubles. Unlike Des Lynham who did his bit, as did Norman Cook... there we go but he is welcome nevertheless

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;3978124 said:
My mum and dad know him a little, I'll try and get them to find out. He lives in London but his family (ex wife and two kids) live in Forest Row (near East Grinstead on the A22)

Er, see post #34 - it's already been answered!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Still with the rock theme never let it be said that I didn't tout for some investment. Iron Maiden manager Rod Smallwood lives on Hove seafront and I asked him whether he might be interested in putting some cash in. Unfortunately it was a resolute no because he declared himself more of a rugby and cricket fan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here