Jimmy Page

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Never knew that at all, interesting, wonder how that all started

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
He is one very rich man, as well as being the best rock guitarist to ever breathe imo. Would have been ace to have him involved in The Albion.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
He still lives in Sussex and his kid(s) go to Hurstpierpoint. My boy will wet himself if this is true about his support for the Albion. If there's any truth whatsoever - then Zeppelin at the Amex is a must. Tony, make it so...

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Funny how little nuggets like this come out - I always thought this Jimmy Page link was common knowledge but clearly not!

Does anyone know if Nigel Kennedy, Mark Williams, Jim Rosenthal and Chris Ellison still count us as their 'second team'?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
He still lives in Sussex and his kid(s) go to Hurstpierpoint. My boy will wet himself if this is true about his support for the Albion. If there's any truth whatsoever - then Zeppelin at the Amex is a must. Tony, make it so...

He certainly does still live in Sussex but his son ( he may have more than one I agree ) actually goes to an exclusive independent school on the edge of Haywards Heath.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I suspect it was a bit of a wind-up. They were talking about who supports which team, when Plant mentioned this, but then seemed to suggest that Page wasn't really interested in football at all. Probably just said it because of where he lives. (At least he didn't say Crawley!)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Chelsea fan I believe.

BTW has Plant got around to cutting his ridiculous hair yet?

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
He is one very rich man, as well as being the best rock guitarist to ever breathe imo. Would have been ace to have him involved in The Albion.

Iyo bollocks imo (I mean your first statement). Clapton is (was?) God, plus Hendricks, P. Green... Nerdy fact of the day, I once found a Yugoslavian rock-magazine in about 1982 where they talked about Djimi Pezz which was their attempt to put his name as they would say it.

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
Typical NSC, what a bunch of cynics you (we) are. Some bloke, on national radio, announces that (one of) his closest friends supports a particular football team (he didn't say how big a fan he is). Within hours people on here (who don't know either guy personally (to my knowledge)) are on here saying "no he supports blah blah" or I" think he was only joking" or "lets get him involved with the club". Not every Brighton fan goes to the games. Just on occasions why can't we take things at face value.

P.S. Would be great if he played at the Amex, about as much chance as Elvis I suspect!

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Typical NSC, what a bunch of cynics you (we) are. Some bloke, on national radio, announces that (one of) his closest friends supports a particular football team (he didn't say how big a fan he is). Within hours people on here (who don't know either guy personally (to my knowledge)) are on here saying "no he supports blah blah" or I" think he was only joking" or "lets get him involved with the club". Not every Brighton fan goes to the games. Just on occasions why can't we take things at face value.

P.S. Would be great if he played at the Amex, about as much chance as Elvis I suspect!

If he's EVER been spotted at an Albion game it MAY be worth getting a little excited about. As he hasn't, to my knowledge, it's fair to say he's not a Brighton fan imo.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Not excited, just posted something that might be of interest to fellow Seagull fans.

Not saying it's not of interest. I vaguely remember it being touted that he was interested in buying into the Albion but when it was rebuffed looked at buying Pompey..however I can't find any reference to it anywhere. Maybe I imagined it or maybe it was some other rock star..

Steve Ferrone, Brighton born former Average White Band drummer, is seen wearing a "Seagulls" beanie hat when drumming for Tom Petty and the Hearbreakers at the Superbowl Half Time show a few years back. Can't remember the year but there it is on YouTube if you want have a look. I think that must score some cool points.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here