Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jimmy Mac off to Scunny

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Back for pre-season is good news - he needs to buld strength and confidence by playing games.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Perfect situation for all concerned.

???
scunthorpe_ironworks_470x35_470x352.jpg

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
He was second choice for Charlton but they got Borrowdale.

Just wants a regular game but still very much sees his future with us. I am not sure we can say the same for messrs Dickinson, Wright, Davies and Whing...

Last edited:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Happy with that. Would love to see him come back fitter and stronger.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Notice that in Tunnicliffe and McNulty's loan departures, it was mentioned they will be back for pre-season.

Wasn't mentioned in Davies' or Dickinson's.

I think that gives us our answer as to who will be staying and going from those 4.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
With Wright at Oxford, Whing at Chesterfield, Tunnicliffe at MK and now Mc Nulty at Scunthorpe it leaves us only Virgo and Hoyte as cover for the back four, unless you count Hawkins. A suspension and an injury could leave us without a defender on the bench.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
so the 6 players who are out on loan, 3 of them go to higher, and better clubs ???

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
With Wright at Oxford, Whing at Chesterfield, Tunnicliffe at MK and now Mc Nulty at Scunthorpe it leaves us only Virgo and Hoyte as cover for the back four, unless you count Hawkins. A suspension and an injury could leave us without a defender on the bench.

Tunni's on instant recall and we've still got Cook (and Hart).

scooter1

How soon is now?

I think Tunnicliffe has an instant recall clause in his loan deal as it was initially for a month and then got extended

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
And would you suggest any of them should be playing here? I wouldn't. Shows the strength of our squad.
No, not at all. I'm just a bit confused as to why they're attracting attention from clubs higher than us, when they can't even get in our side. Although I would like McNulty and Tunnicliffe to stay next season.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I see Scunthorpe have said it's a one month loan. Probably the same as Tunnicliffe, one month, then an extension to end of season. Let's hope Jimmy can build up some muscle for next season. :)

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I would certainly have either McNulty or Tunnicliffe in the squad above the likes of Hart or Carole...

Different positions though so not really like for like, although I would have either of them ahead of Hoyte on the bench. Having said that I think we will see the benefit next season of both of them being out on loan and getting games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here