Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jimmy Case Half Time Interview Last Night

Jul 15, 2011
Lewwwwwwes
I was on the East Stand concourse at half time last night and could see one of my Albion heores on the telly but could not hear the great man. Can anybody actually hear the tv's on their concourses (West, North) and does anybody know if the video will be available to view and hear anywhere soon?

Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere, searched and couldn't find.

Cheers

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I was in the stand and I couldn't really hear what he was saying. They seem to have turned the microphone volume down in recent games

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yeah he was one of my all time heroes too, and more to the point, seems like a really nice bloke as well. A lot of what he said was barely audible iin the West Stand Lower as well.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Only the obvious chit chat about playing for both clubs and comments about where we've been and where we're going...

Hard to hear most of it.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I couldn't hear it either in WSL, but admittedly I was having a bit of a chat and not paying any attention.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
They had two microphones and only one seemed to be switched on. When JC spoke into one, I could hear him loud and clear but when he turned away from that one to the other mic, he disappeared completey.

But lovely to see him again and looking a lot better than the last time, ( just after the Darlington game at the Goldstone)

Top bloke. Cheers and thanks for the memories JC!

Did he not hit archer or bellotti when he was manager?

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
I think that JC finds it hard to guage how loud he is talking as he has hearing problems. It seemed to be one mic with the interviewer talking normally and Jimmy talking quietly. They then tried to turn up the mic when JC was talking and started to get echoing / feedback. It was hard to make out, but he talked about managing the Albion as the consortium were about to take over and having to lock the ref and the ball-boys away to keep them safe during demonstrations, very happy that the albion have such a great stadium now, worht all the battles to get it, and reminiscing about FA Cup goals for the Albion and Liverpool and esp his goal at Anfield for Birghton. Good lad is Jimmy.

Jul 15, 2011
Lewwwwwwes
I think that JC finds it hard to guage how loud he is talking as he has hearing problems. It seemed to be one mic with the interviewer talking normally and Jimmy talking quietly. They then tried to turn up the mic when JC was talking and started to get echoing / feedback. It was hard to make out, but he talked about managing the Albion as the consortium were about to take over and having to lock the ref and the ball-boys away to keep them safe during demonstrations, very happy that the albion have such a great stadium now, worht all the battles to get it, and reminiscing about FA Cup goals for the Albion and Liverpool and esp his goal at Anfield for Birghton. Good lad is Jimmy.

Thank you very much for taking the time to type that out. Ironically I think I'm going a bit Jimmy in my left ear. Anyone remember Jimmy being booked at the Goldstone for kicking the ball away when he obviously hadn't heard the whistle? I can remember the injustice I felt for him at the time.

My mate got Jimmy to sign a birthday card for me one year, still have it. What a Legend.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Couldnt hear it all but did him say about having to lock the ref in the changing rooms because of the crowd trouble. Not complaining but it seems ironic that the club can spend £90m on the stadium etc and not the extra to make the sound audible for interviews and so forth to all parts of the ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here