Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jimmy Case Benifit Match 1994

stonski

Jan 31, 2009
Cowfold
I was going but had a quick drink with a rather nice young lady after work who then preceded to kidnap me, take me back to her flat and keep me under lock and key for most of the night... Oh happy days. Funny how you remember these things after all these years.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Found the Liverpool team:

1 David James
- Rob Jones
- Steve Harkness
- John Scales
- Neil Ruddock
- Jan Molby
- Jamie Redknapp
- Steve McManaman
- John Barnes
- Nigel Clough
- Robbie Fowler

Subs:
- Michael Stensgaard
- Phil Charnock
- Dominic Matteo
- Lee Jones

Goals
Fowler 25, L Jones 68

PERFECT, just what i was after, thanks man!

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Although I was locked out (from a TESTOMINAL!!!!) I seem to recall that young Alan Shearer (at Southampton at the time) played in that match - or am I imagining it???

I don't recall Shearer playing in that match. I do remember Le Tissier playing who seemed to be happy wandering around the midfield and then unleashing a speculative shot or 2 from distance...came very close too.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was just thinking about this match last night, as all the old memories came flooding back whilst reading, Build a Bonfire.
Primarily God of Football, Liam Brady wearing our stripes.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Shearer didn't play, but contributed to the programme

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I'm sure James played in goal for the majority of the game. When he was subbed he threw his gloves to the fans. The sub keeper went on and got injured after 5 mins. James had to go back in goal with gloves that didn't fit!

The Liverpool line-up was pretty strong, and I think Le Tiss did play for us, but I wouldn't swear to it.

When doing a google search I came up with this little nugget about Robbie Fowler on Anfield online:
Fowler is widely rumoured to have had a sexual liaison with Jo Bellotti, the wife of the chief executive of Brighton David Bellotti in the toilets of the Grand Hotel following a testimonial match for the former Liverpool and Brighton midfielder Jimmy Case.

Bet he caught an STD off of her.

Dogballs

Sep 21, 2011
Spot on Postman Pat! David james did give his gloves to a fan! That fan was my cousin

I'm sure James played in goal for the majority of the game. When he was subbed he threw his gloves to the fans. The sub keeper went on and got injured after 5 mins. James had to go back in goal with gloves that didn't fit!

The Liverpool line-up was pretty strong, and I think Le Tiss did play for us, but I wouldn't swear to it.

When doing a google search I came up with this little nugget about Robbie Fowler on Anfield online:
Fowler is widely rumoured to have had a sexual liaison with Jo Bellotti, the wife of the chief executive of Brighton David Bellotti in the toilets of the Grand Hotel following a testimonial match for the former Liverpool and Brighton midfielder Jimmy Case.

Spot on Postman Pat! David james did give his gloves to a fan! That fan was my cousin, i was 9 and he was 7 at the time! It could of been me that he gave them to but i would have had to enjure a broken nose like my younger cousin did.

The story goes........as the players came out onto the pitch to warm up, as they did back then they hit all the balls towards the goal and in the net.................a young David James throws up a ball and smashed it on a half volley towards the goal..........it skims the post and hits my cousin thats sitting next to me straight in the face!!!

My cousin had to get his face patched up by the st johns ambulance and missed the first 3o minutes of the game. David James felt so bad that he said it was arranged that he was already coming off at half time, so at half time he would give my cousin his gloves!

He gave him his gloves and as you said the other keeper got injured, David James had to come on but didnt have his gloves! My cousin had them!

The gloves are still going strong even today - they are absolutely massive still and they have David James stitch on each index finger!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here