Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jimmy Anderson - what's the point??

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Anyone?

Bowling figures in today's one dayer against South Africa A are..

7 overs 0 wickets 53 runs

Seriously.

:rolleyes:

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Totally agree.

He is an arrogant little *****.

Why oh why do we persist when there are patently better bowlers being ignored.

Not only is he pants when playing but he also injures our top batsmen in the nets.

Is it because he is from the favoured Lancs?

Jul 20, 2003
the best he can manage at the moment is erratic

loads of extras mught be nice on a DVD but for a bowler they are SHITE

he's only bowled about 100 overs in first class cricket in the last year - tear up that central contract and get him to f*** off and learn his craft - PRONTO

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Perry Milkins said:
Totally agree.

Why oh why do we persist when there are patently better bowlers being ignored.

Not only is he pants when playing but he also injures our top batsmen in the nets.

Is it because he is from the favoured Lancs?

Name the better bowlers?

The top 4 pick themselves at Test Level, Hoggard, Freddie, GBH and Jones, but after that? You have Anderson, then Saggers, Lewis, Kirltey, Ali, Wharf. None really set the county game alight.

I would say Anderson needs a season of regular cricket, it does not help that he spends half the summer in the England squad and not playing, so playing for Lancs might be a good thing.

The fact that we are in the Sub Continent next winter might be a blesssing, as we are likely to take at least 3 spinners, so send young Jimmy off to play club cricket in Australia.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Uncle Buck said:
Name the better bowlers?

The top 4 pick themselves at Test Level, Hoggard, Freddie, GBH and Jones, but after that? You have Anderson, then Saggers, Lewis, Kirltey, Ali, Wharf. None really set the county game alight.

I would say Anderson needs a season of regular cricket, it does not help that he spends half the summer in the England squad and not playing, so playing for Lancs might be a good thing.

The fact that we are in the Sub Continent next winter might be a blesssing, as we are likely to take at least 3 spinners, so send young Jimmy off to play club cricket in Australia.

:rolleyes:

Jul 20, 2003
Kabir Ali's doing a number on them though

4 wickets and gone for a little over 4 an over, didn't go for much bowling at the death either

Anderson finished with 9 overs for 65 and was the pick of the bowlers

if you were trying to pick who was the shittiest bowler

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Which county does Kabir Ali play for?

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Uncle Buck said:
Why role the eyes? If you have something constructive to say then please do, but just because you might not agree with something, do not use some crappy smiley.

Ta.

Sorry UB, nothing constructive to say. I just despise James Anderson.

The crappy smiley was more a manifestation of my annoyance with him than a retort to your informative post.

Normal service will be resumed.

:drink: to Uncle Buck

Ta.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
How can you despise Anderson?

He's a young bowler still learning the game, he had a big impact when he broke into the England team but has lost his way over the last year. However, South Africa is not the easiest place to bowl, just ask Steve Harmison.

After the quartet we've got the others are much of a muchness, but there's not any bowler significantly better than Anderson. I don't think we've seen the last of him, though...

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Pavilionaire said:
How can you despise Anderson?

He's a young bowler still learning the game, he had a big impact when he broke into the England team but has lost his way over the last year. However, South Africa is not the easiest place to bowl, just ask Steve Harmison.

After the quartet we've got the others are much of a muchness, but there's not any bowler significantly better than Anderson. I don't think we've seen the last of him, though...

I agree. There is no rationale for such emotive feelings. I guess it stems back to the time when he was getting a game ahead of JK and the way he was portrayed on TV as a scruffy unshaven little irk.

I should move on.

larus

Give the guy a break.

He's young (21?), went from playing club cricket to tests with a matter of months, and for the last year or so has had coaches adjusting his technique and not being given the games to go away and work on it.

If Duncan Fletcher has confidence in his ability, then I'm prepared to give him time. Just because you don't like the look of a player, how can you comment about him as a person? OK, he's unshaven. So what?

The 'arrogance' may be an impression because he's shy/quiet.

He needs the summer up at Lancs playing county games, then away on an A tour or club cricket next winter.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
He needs a season of competitive cricket. County cricket may not be of the highest standard but it will allow him to focus on the basics.

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
I think he is good prospect for future.

The poor figures he gained in SA were the fact he is so out of practise. With more experience i think he will get good

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Perry Milkins said:
Totally agree.

In what way is he arrogant?

He's a good young bowler desperately short of confidence, trying to do well in the ruthless world of test cricket.

In the fourth test against SA he looked so low about his performance he was nearly in tears.

What a horrible c*nt you are.

:censored:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
We won by 6 wickets. What does it matter?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here