Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jim Gannon made redundant !

jharris

Feb 27, 2009
Jim Gannon has been made redundant by hard up Stockport.
Bet he wished he had said yes to us now ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How can he be made redundant as that means that they can not advertise his job or re-employ somebody in that capacity again for some time. Unless they are not going to have a manager just a head coach to control the playing side and the directors or CEO control everything else.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Am I responsible for this ?.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Does sound as Reading Stockports info on his relative big bucks contract we couldn't match were closer to the mark than i first thought!!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
How can he be made redundant as that means that they can not advertise his job or re-employ somebody in that capacity again for some time. Unless they are not going to have a manager just a head coach to control the playing side and the directors or CEO control everything else.

That was my initial reaction.

Not redundant, poor reporting by sky. Released is the better term.

That would explain things :thumbsup:

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Sorry but.....

:laugh:

Looking at it a bit deeper though, I suppose they were always going to part ways. He must be on a high wage though? Reckon there's more to this than just cutting costs? Is intriguing as they would of at least received compensation if someone came in for him..

Stockport must have been gutted when Gannon chose to stay then, as I would have thought they would have been due a decent wedge of compensation if Gannon had come here, and now they've had to let him go for nothing...

Agree with BG that now is the time to get the offers in for any players that we want from them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here