Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jim Davidson bankrupt

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Gwylan said:
Kelvin MacKenzie has actually switched from being a Millwall fan to being a Charlton one. I can't think of anything more embarrassing than changing your team in your 50s - it's the sort of thing 13 year-olds do.

He switched about ten years ago. At the time Millwall were in their numbnut element and he decided it wasn't a great place to take his young family. Also, Curbishley was then a regular guest on L!VE TV's live daily sports show and charmed the pants off him.

I actually never had a problem with Kelvin when I used to work for him (at L!VE TV at that same time) but supposedly I was one of the few "protected people" he wouldn't unload on - 'cause of the weird job I had. I only got pissed with him once - he was surprisingly sound and hated the Ulster Unionists with a passion - but however endearing he was in person, I am someone with a brain born in 1970. Consequently, I remember the Sun's coverage of the Miner's Strike and Falklands War, and whatever else I might ever be able to forgive Kelvin for, I will never forgive him for that.

He's still marginally less of a **** than Jim Davidson though.

Last edited:

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
L!VE TV - that's a blast from the past...

Weather in Norweigan 'and now for my home town of Uppsallakingporing'

Weather with the trampolining midget Rustry something

Topless Darts

Game of two Scarves with Rhodri Animal Hospital

The financial bird who let her hair down

The cartoon agony aunt and Edwina's hound of a daughter

is there a best of DVD fataddick?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Blimey, a veteran of L!ve TV - and lived to tell the tale.

How much of the Horrie/Nathan book is true, Fataddick? It's a great read, but the place sounds like a nuthouse.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
He really is an arsehole. If anyone finds him funny in some post modern laddish way, here's food for thought. I'm just watching a programme on Sky about political incorrectness and they've just shown a very straight interview with him from (I suspect the 80s).

He's just said that if people go away from my show deciding that they should give money to the lifeboats rather that "The Eithiopeans" than I think "good on you..."

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
clapham_gull said:

He's just said that if people go away from my show deciding that they should give money to the lifeboats rather that "The Eithiopeans" than I think "good on you..."

I would agree with him as I had a customer who lived, worked and owned property in Euthiopia and his view was that the biggest waste of money ever was the original Live Aid which did absolutely nothing to help and save the natives but lined the pockets of the government ministers. The money raised should have been used for more practical means of sterilization and helping the ordinary people lead a better life not dump tons of food at an area that the nomads had passed a day earlier.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
BensGrandad said:
I would agree with him as I had a customer who lived, worked and owned property in Euthiopia and his view was that the biggest waste of money ever was the original Live Aid which did absolutely nothing to help and save the natives but lined the pockets of the government ministers. The money raised should have been used for more practical means of sterilization and helping the ordinary people lead a better life not dump tons of food at an area that the nomads had passed a day earlier.

How can I reply to that drivel. He wasn't talking about Live Aid - it was on the back of a routine about "charity begins at home". We can argue about how overseas money should be spent, but that wasn't the drift of what he was saying.

"I would agree with him because I had a customer...." jesus :shootself

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am only saying that I believe that unless the money raised for overseas help is spent doing what it was intended for and closely monitored then perhaps he is right charity should begin at home.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
BensGrandad said:
I am only saying that I believe that unless the money raised for overseas help is spent doing what it was intended for and closely monitored then perhaps he is right charity should begin at home.

I'll give you that, but I'll add that my two best friends (one from Ghana and the other working for the UN in Kenya) tell me many stories about African corruption but don't often ring up Jim Davidson for his point of view on the matter.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Jesus Gul said:
L!VE TV - that's a blast from the past...

Weather in Norweigan 'and now for my home town of Uppsallakingporing'

Weather with the trampolining midget Rustry something

Topless Darts

Game of two Scarves with Rhodri Animal Hospital

The financial bird who let her hair down

The cartoon agony aunt and Edwina's hound of a daughter

is there a best of DVD fataddick?

The financial bird who let her hair down - Tiffanys big city tips

Weather in Norweigan 'and now for my home town of Uppsallakingporing' - or was it Bergen.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
I was only at L!VE TV for about 18 months, but couldn't find anything in the book related to my time there that I would consider inaccurate. There's quite a lot of stuff not in there that should be, to be honest, like the various alcoholic executives who would get surreptitiously pissed in the subway under Canary Wharf DLR every lunch time (courtsey of Oddbins). Come the afternoon they spoke in "fgthhh hthhjj kkghsrst srtyhhsj" style undecipherable drunkspeak and no-one else could understand them but they understood each other PERFECTLY and had conversations around you in what sounded like a foreign language! Sheesh!

There were two Norwegian weather ladies, Anne-Marie Fosse and Eva Bjertnes. No idea where Anne-Marie (the taller of the two and the only one who would do it in a bikini - Eva mostly wore ballgowns) came from, but Eva was from Bergen. One of my bizarre jobs at L!VE involved writing and producing a series called "Eva's 70s Pop Show" which was mostly her introducing Abba & Sister Sledge videos in subtitled Norwegian. She was a practising white witch in real life. Oh, and despite the "live" in the channel's name, the weather was recorded in weekly batches in advance; someone would watch BBC Breakfast Time in the morning and cue up/play out the reports that most matched what the proper weather person on that predicted!

No DVD as far as I know, but a couple of the old execs bought the rights to all the old footage off the Mirror Group a few years ago, and I think a few of the old shows are being re-shown on obscure cable channels nowadays.

GRATUITOUS PLUG: My boss (who invented Bouncing Dwarf weather!) and many of my staff are ex-L!VE TV. We are trying to make amends for that immoral period in our lives by making nice cartoons for small children now instead. Draw us a Brighton-themed cartoon character and you could win £500! Ta x

http://magazine.brighton.co.uk/index.asp?art_id=2054
http://www.brightonlife.com/news/index.php?news_id=1420
http://www.impossibletv.com/Brightoon.html
[Similar info in all three links]

Also, if anyone has a pub or business I can stick a poster for this competition up in, let me know. Them locust-like 'professional' publicity firms that work for Concorde 2 et al are covering over my posters in pubs and cafes as fast as I can put them up.
:(

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Why does a discussion about a racist, drunken, drink driving, wife beater have to end up being the usual squabble between the right and the left ? :nono:

Just can't understand people can hate him for being a Tory ( of which there are millions in this country ) instead of his real crimes !!! :jester:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Westdene Seagull said:
Why does a discussion about a racist, drunken, drink driving, wife beater have to end up being the usual squabble between the right and the left ? :nono:

Just can't understand people can hate him for being a Tory ( of which there are millions in this country ) instead of his real crimes !!! :jester:

Fair comment, most of us don't appear to be Tories but they're entitled to their opinions. As it is I don't think being a Blair supporter does you any favours either.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Westdene Seagull said:

Oh, I don't know. I started this thread to draw attention to the contrast between Davidson's ultra-patriotic stance and his living in Dubai, not wanting to pay taxes to the country that he purports to love.

But this thread has had some interesting diversions: besides the political dimension, it's taken in Davidson's attitutudes to the disabled, Kelvin Mackenzie's switch from Millwall to Charlton and the weather in Norwegian - typical NSC thread if you ask me.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Gwylan said:
Oh, I don't know. I started this thread to draw attention to the contrast between Davidson's ultra-patriotic stance and his living in Dubai, not wanting to pay taxes to the country that he purports to love.

But this thread has had some interesting diversions: besides the political dimension, it's taken in Davidson's attitutudes to the disabled, Kelvin Mackenzie's switch from Millwall to Charlton and the weather in Norwegian - typical NSC thread if you ask me.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

looney said:
Spoken like a true dickhead. By the looks of things he was willing to pay the debt, so you and others will have to make up the shortfall.

Doesn't seem to adversly affected him being a tax exile.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: [/B]

Why didn't he pay it in the first place then. Just like all the other right wing scumbags, bleat on and on and on about law and oredr then given half a chance they steal from the rest of us by not paying their taxes.

Wankers.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Of course leftwingers allways pay there taxes, maxwell.:lolol:

Jim Davison dares to hold political beleifs different from the Nupty brigade on here, oh the audacity of the man.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
He did make me laugh once - on stage with quite a few Americans in the audience, he was explaing the Falklands conflict to them with the words "You must know about the Falklands, it was our version of Vietnam but with a different result"

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
The Guy can be funny and fyi he toned down the race jokes for TV a long time a go, I thought he would deserve a bit of credit for that but when anti-racism is the main tenant of the lefty religion followed by Homosexuals and hating Britain there can be no redemption for sinners.:(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here