Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

jim cannon david swindlehurst vince hilaire rachid harkouck.

skintmanblues

Feb 7, 2004
Orsham
got i hate these old palace names,from those who are old enough to remember them it reminds me of the old games between us and them,we must beat them at the amex a week on tuesday

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Met Jim Cannon a number of years ago.Naturally had a chat about the seagulls/eagles clashes and told him that he was one of the few players I saw who kept Wardy under some kind of control( not always tho'!),when we played.
Nice bloke and good footballer who certainly held Wardy in high regard.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
John "Budgie" Burridge.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Alan Birchenall, Steve Kember, Frank Saul (before he went to Spurs) Alan Whittle, John Jackson, Charlie Cooke (although he was past his best at the Palace), Bobby Tambling (ditto) David Payne, all players I remember from when I used to go and see them.

Jim Cannon used to keep Ward in his back pocket almost every time we played them, sadly.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Peter Taylor, didn't he get into the England squad as a 3rd division player?

Malcolm Allison and his Fedora

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Met Jim Cannon a number of years ago.Naturally had a chat about the seagulls/eagles clashes and told him that he was one of the few players I saw who kept Wardy under some kind of control( not always tho'!),when we played.
Nice bloke and good footballer who certainly held Wardy in high regard.

The one time Wardy really came out on top was Boxing Day '79 - he ran rings round him & the rest of the Palace defence that day.

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
You forgot to mention Ian Wright and Mark Bright!

And that brilliant night in the late 80s when all 4 sides of the Goldstone sung to Wright during a Zenith Data Systems match ....'we all agree. Ian Wright is a wanker'. So he is.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Henry Hughton anyone?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Phil Holder !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here