Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jet Set Willy

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
There was a brilliant football manager game on the BBC computer - no idea of the name - but I believe [MENTION=275]MikeySmall[/MENTION] might know or at least remember it. Those machines weighed a ton!

Football Director! Was quality but a little easy if I remember rightly.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Does anyone remember a shop called Gamer in Brighton. Used to be near the cinema. Used to love that shop and always went on Saturday with my friend, so he could buy a Spectrum game.

In the back room you had Spectum and Commodore 64 games. On the other side you had business machines and in the front you had the Commodore Amiga and Atari ST as the showcase machines.

I remember seeing the juggler Amiga demo, people where amazed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yJNGwIcLtw

Jul 15, 2011
Lewwwwwwes
Sabre Wulf for me. I used to play it with Dire Straits Ride Across The River on as I thought the music on the game and that track were similar, not so sure now.

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
Does anyone remember a shop called Gamer in Brighton. Used to be near the cinema. Used to love that shop and always went on Saturday with my friend, so he could buy a Spectrum game.

In the back room you had Spectum and Commodore 64 games. On the other side you had business machines and in the front you had the Commodore Amiga and Atari ST as the showcase machines.

I remember it well and used to visit every Saturday. I think they also had a counter with the old Nintendo Game and Watch games (Donkey King, Snoopy Tennis etc) which was surrounded by kids playing on them.

Does anyone remember the shop up Western Road which I think was imaginatively called Games Centre? They had loads of board games upstairs, and handheld video games and little soldiers downstairs. I'm pretty sure it's the shop which is now KFC.

The other one in Brighton was Softcentre downstairs at the old Churchill Square, but that was crap.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Lords of Midnight<!!!

Fantastic game... even spent five mins playing today.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
River Raid on the atari console

Or what about International Soccer on commodore 64 cartridge, the + shaped ball was a thing of beauty

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Tracksuit Manager and Emlyn Hughes International Soccer

The dogs ballbags

bobbab5

Sep 5, 2003
Ely, Cambs.

Yep, was a sad day when that shop closed. I picked up a C64 disk drive and a boatload of Infocom text adventures, C64 was my joint!!! :p

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

I think the equivalent shop in Worthing was called "chips". Many a second hand game obtained from there.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
The leisure suit larry series was quality

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Gaming became big with the advent of the amiga
We used to go round Mates houses all armed with an amiga and a cruiser joystick for kick off tournies, there would be around 16 people and 4 or 5 tv's set up for multiple games.
Quality Sunday entertainment

Curryisgreat

Dec 9, 2010
Head over Heels made amazing use of the limited memory available on the spectrum.

Great Giana Sisters on the Amiga was also fantastic - Shame they withdrew it from sale due to Nintendo threatening court action.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
From the speccy.. Football Manager, Match day, Booty, Chuckie Egg and Daley Thompson all kept me playing until I destroyed two keyboards... Also used to go to Chips as mentioned in earlier post...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here